The following guide to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS GO) discusses the most important aspects of the game and helps the player learn about its rules. Tips, hints and advice will help you in achieve the Global Elite rank. Well - we hope.
CS GO Config Guide
The first chapter of this guide walks the player through the process of mouse, video and audio configuration. You will learn here about mouse DPS in CS GO, launch options, server config and more.
CS GO Core Guide
The next chapter is devoted to the most important aspects of the game, such as correct positioning of the crosshair, recoil correction, shooting techniques, game modes, economics, GOTV (Global Offensive Tele Vision) and general tips and hints.
- Basic tips for beginners
- Aiming in CS GO
- Movement in CS GO
- Shooting techniques in CS GO
- Game modes in CS GO
- What to AVOID in CS GO?
- Economy in CS GO
- GOTV - what is this and how to use it?
Weapons and grenades in CS GO
The penultimate chapter describes weapons and grenades available to both the Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists. Here you will learn more about AK-47, Galil AR, AWP (sniper rifle), P90, Desert Eagle (Deagle),
- Counter Terrorists weapons in CS GO
- Terrorists weapons in CS GO
- Grenades in CS GO - smokes, flashbangs and HE grenades (frag oraz nade)
CS GO Maps
The last chapter is devoted to the description of the tournament maps like Dust2, Mirage, Inferno, Cache and Cobblestone. Here you will learn places to camp, all hideouts and names.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive guide contains:
- Tips that can help you configure the game correctly.
- Tips related to proper positioning of the crosshair and shooting mechanic.
- Description of movement techniques.
- Tips related to economics, i.e. appropriate money management.
- Description of recording and playing demos as well as creating movies.
- General tips.
- Descriptions of weapons divided into Counter-Terrorist and Terrorist teams.
- Descriptions of tournament maps.
CS GO Operation Hydra
Please note that CS GO Hydra event is obsolete now.
As of 23th of May, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has received a new Operation. Same as with the previous events, Operation Hydra offers new content, including co-op missions or additional community maps, as well as numerous assignments with increasing difficulty levels and new skins available through the Operation Hydra Case. When it comes to content, the players are left with a new set of maps (7 - 4 new and 3 legacy maps) and three game modes: War Games, Wingman, and Weapon Expert, offering additional gameplay modifiers. The event will last 18 weeks, and will be active until September.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive had debuted in 2012 as a new incarnation of the popular Counter-Strike. The game has quickly garnered a cult and prolific following thanks to the unique gameplay which is easy and casual while being demanding at the same time. As always, we are taking part in team-based matches that take place on small, yet complex maps.
Lukasz Telesinski (www.gamepressure.com)
About CS GO Game Guide
Author : Lukasz "Qwert" Telesinski for gamepressure.com
Guide contains : 32 pages, 66 images.
Last update : January 29, 2018, visit Game Guide
Operation Hydra Game Guide
Last update : June 20, 2017, visit Operation Hydra Game Guide
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of CS GO Game Guide
- Wingman Mode in CS: GO CS GO Guide and Tips.
- Counter-Terrorists | Weapon List in CS GO CS GO Guide and Tips.
- Inferno | Tournament Maps in CS GO CS GO Guide and Tips.
- Video and audio settings in CS GO CS GO Guide and Tips.
- Game modes in CS GO CS GO Guide and Tips. Competetive mode, Casual mode, Demolition, Arms Race and Deathmatch. Our guide for Counter Strike will help you choose your best place - not only ranked games are worth fun.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Valve Software
- publisher: Valve Corporation
- platform: PC, X360, PS3
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is another, after Counter-Strike: Source, attempt at refreshing the popular shooter that started out as a Half-Life modification. Despite the changes and all the time that has passed, the title remains great teamwork-based action game.
There are four game modes available: Arms Race, Demolition, Classic: Casual, and Classic: Competitive. The first is a variation of the classic deathmatch — after killing an enemy, we receive a new gun. The second one works similarly, although the game is divided into rounds, just like in classic modes. The third, as the name suggests, is meant for beginners, and its task is to introduce them to Counter-Strike by disabling friendly fire, among other things. Classic: Competitive, in turn, is devoid of all conveniences.
The matchmaking system was also overhauled, and now seeks opponents based on our skill level. Apart from Valve servers, the players may also host their own games.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Core 2 Duo 2 GHz, 1 GB RAM (2 GB RAM - Vista/7), graphic card 256 MB (GeForce 8600 or better), 7.6 GB HDD, Windows XP/Vista/7
More About Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Valve had a very busy December. Last month, more than 609 thousand bans were given, which is a record in the history of the VAC system.