Cooking Simulator has a simple economic model that requires us to effectively manage money and resources (equipment, tools, utensils, but also the goods from which we prepare food) in order to maintain on the market.
Given that in the Free Mode we can fool around and test ourselves things at will, this matter mainly concerns the Career Mode; the game is based on the fictional currency "Cookbucks" (hence the "C" icon appears when buying anything - it is a symbol of the game currency). There's only one way to earn - serving properly cooked meals. We can spend them on anything.
Our money can be spend on:
- absolutely every element of the supplies (fruit and meat, spices and liquids)
- absolutely every tool and element of cutlery
- every maintenance of every damaged machine and / piece of kitchen equipment
- every single visual upgrade of our restaurant \ kitchen
- if we screw up massively when cooking a dish: we have to return the money
Read more about the nuances associated with this (like repairs) in the following sections of the manual.