Even lonely wolves don't fall by the wayside in Conan Exiles - if they have the right tips and tricks for solo survival. Our guide shows how would-be Conans can quickly level alone.
A world in which barbarians like Conan are revered as (anti-)heroes is no playground for the careless and weak. Conan Exiles throws players into world, which offers far more possibilities to die than to survive. Fortunately, with our guide the survival chances increase drastically.
The most important thing is to level up quickly, whether in a group or alone. Our tips are especially helpful for those who want to solo through Conan Exiles. We rely on the helpful short tips of the Reddit user Axeon_Axeoff and the map of Rex-Starborne.
- Farming, Crafting, Cannibalism: The First Steps (Level 1 - 20)
- New Base and Robberies: Experienced Barbarians (Level 21 - 40)
Farming, Crafting, Cannibalism: The First Steps (Level 1 - 20)
- Don't leave anything there! To survive, you always have to pack anything that looks remotely useful. The best example of this is the water bag, which we find on the left side of a rock immediately after the game starts. It enormously helps your exploration and doesn't require valuable crafting materials.
- Punishment, always punishment! Take a few hits as possible in a battle. You always punish your enemy and hit him from the side. This helps especially against big enemies like rhinos or the big turtles, which occur right at the beginning of the game.
- Gods, help! The cannibal god Yog is a good choice for the start of the game, because faith in him can increase your chances of prey and take maximum advantage of many humanoid enemies. Ogres have it easier once they have built a sacrificial pit for their god. It supplies you with meat and a good melee weapon for the start. To build the pit you need: 360x stone, 160x wood, 15x twine, 30x bone.
- No base for now! Having your own shelter sounds tempting, but wastes too many resources at the beginning of the game. A monument to our god (preferably Yog) is enough for the beginning and takes high amount of wood and stones. If you want to save resources, just build a campfire, which offers 8 camp sites. Cost for the campfire: 50x branch, 30x stone.
- Don't forget your sleeping bag! Sleeping bags serve as spawn points after death, but they disappear after you die. In order not to walk the same way again and again and to make faster progress, you should always have a spare bed in your inventory. And don't forget to activate the new spawn point with "Use" key! Costs for the sleeping bag: 6x plant fiber, 3x twine, 3x branch.
- Find iron and coal! There are iron veins to the west (E7) and north (R9) of the river. When mining this valuable resource on the high plateau in the north, you must always beware of hyenas and rhinoceroses. You shouldn't go there right away, but level up a bit and improve your equipment beforehand. In the same area you can also find coal, which is required for steel production.
- Go West! The river area, into which you arrive shortly after escaping from the cross, is inviting, but only serves as a stopover. You can find more prey and larger settlements in the western parts of this land. At the end of the river bed (K12) you may find many gazelles as hunting prey, which will bring you meat, hides and above all a lot of experience.
- Once you have built your god's Pit, you should farm the NPCs in the area (I11 - E7) until you reach level 15. Then, head further west, where you can pick up a lot of iron and stone with the pickaxe. This is a good place to find valuable crafting materials and create constructions like: Stove, Furnace, Tannery - and again a Pit for Yog, our constant companion.
New Base and Robberies: Experienced Barbarians (Level 21 - 40)
- Build a strong base! If you don't play on your own server, there is always the danger that other players plunder your belongings. Prevent this by building a base on an elevation that can only be reached by stairs. To leave for resource farming, tear down the stairs before you leave the base, and rebuild the staircase after you return.
- Farm NPCs! As followers of Yog, people are also an important "resource" for you. With higher level and more proficient punishment methods you can also attack larger NPC camps (for example at D6). There are also chests in which particularly strong items are stored. These attacks on NPC camps are your best option to get raw materials and experience.
- Craft steel! For advanced equipment, we need steel made of iron and fire steel. We achieve this by combining tar and brimstone. The tar is produced in the Tannery, brimstone is found in the chests of the NPCs, among other things.