During the gameplay in Code Vein, your character will have his/her own "character class". It is expressed with the help of so-called Blood Code. This section of our guide contains an overview of this mechanics in the game.
In the game, instead of a standard character classes model, you will witness the so-called Blood Code. This is the basis for the defined active and passive abilities. In this case, you do not have to choose one particular specialty. Instead you can freely choose the skills from different Blood Code categories.
Initially you have access to only three character classes, but over time you will gain access to other Blood Code categories.
Fighter is a Blood Code that is available from the beginning of the game in Cold Vein. This class focuses on the strength of the character and melee battles. It has the following abilities:
- Health Boost: Increases a revenant's maximum HP.
- Adrenaline: Temporarily increases the wielder's attack power for a brief period of time.
- Triple Annihilator: Execute a combo with a Two-Handed Sword or Hammer at an enemy.
- Focused Stamina Usage: Reduces the stamina used by a revenant.
- Blood Guard: Creates a defensive barrier of blood resistance for you and your companion for a brief period of time.
Caster is a character class available from the beginning of the game, which focuses on attacks from a distance. This Blood Code offers the following capabilities:
- Bloodshot: Fires a large projectile created from the power of blood.
- Blazing Roar: Shoots an intense flame at the target.
- Dark Impulse: Increases the effects of dark gifts while you are focused.
- Weapon Drain Rating Up: Increases the damage rate of weapon attacks.
Ranger is one of three Blood Codes available at the beginning of the game. This class specializes in strengthening the team and researching the environment. It has the following abilities:
- Stamina Boost: Increases a revenant's maximum Stamina.
- Guard Stability: Once a revenant is in the focused state, guarding an attack reduces the stamina consumed.
- Spoils Spotter: Allows the wielder to detect if there are any items not obtained within a range.
- Venom Mark: Temporarily imbues your equipped weapon with the venom effect.
- Sonic Arrow: Shoot one projectile from a long range by using ichor.
- Shifting Hollow: Special evasion skill that allows the wielder to dash forward in a mist form.
Berserker is a character class that focuses on strength and endurance. This Blood Code offers the following capabilities:
- Blow of Madness: Strengthens the power of the next attack of a revenant.
- Dragon Lunge: While having a Two-Handed Sword or Hammer equipped, perform a dash forward followed by a powerful overhead attack.
- Balance Up: Increases the balance rate of a revenant.
- Precision: For a short period of time, staggering an enemy is easier while attacking with your weapon.
- Royal Heart: For a short period of time, increases resistance to being staggered.
- Iron Will: Temporarily reduces any damage taken for a short period of time.
Prometheus is a Blood Code that specializes in strong attacks and is a vulnerable character. This class has the following abilities:
- Phantom Assault: Vanish like mist, then do a jump slash. An offensive skill performed with One-handed sword / Halberd / Bayonet.
- Fire Storm: Shoot a series of flaming projectiles that stagger the enemy.
- Blade Dance: Temporarily increases attack power each time you damage an enemy with your weapon.
- Flame Weapon: Temporarily enhances your weapon and your partner's weapon with fire damage.
- Savvy Evasion: Increases the amount of focus gained from dodging attacks.
- Warding Mark: Temporarily applies the inhibit effect to your current weapon.
Thoth is a character class specializing in short circuit combat. This Blood Code offers the following skills:
- Bloody Impact: Blasts away foes in an area with a shockwave caused by the release of condensed ichor.
- Swallow Cutter: Unleash an extremely fast attack in a blink of an eye. An offensive skill performed with Two-handed Swords / Two-Handed Hammers.
- Stun Resistance: Increases stun resistance.
- Floating Light: Creates a ball of light at your feet.
- Stun Removal: Cures you and your partner of stun. Best used to block the effect before being afflicted.
- Frost Spike: Fires a projectile of freezing ice at the target.
- Strength Up: Increases strength.
- Steady Bulwark: Temporarily increases weapon defense against physical attacks.
- Revenant's Greed: Increases the chances of item drop from defeated enemies.
- Focused Carnage: Reduces the rate at which the focus gauge is consumed by attacks while you are focused.
- Heroic Fang: Increases damage dealt by charged drains.
Aset is a character class that focuses on attacking from a distance. This Blood Code offers the following capabilities:
- Plasma Roar: Generates a surge of electricity that flies at the target.
- Draconic Stake: Transforms your blood into a giant stake that pierces the target.
- Vow of Ichor: Reduces maximum HP to increase the amount of ichor that can be held.
- Blast Bolt: Creates and fires a string of projectiles infused with electricity at your target.
- Indra's Coil: Fires three powerful bolts of lightning at your target's feet.
- Fourfold Verdict: Fires an unrelenting barrage of lightning bullets at the target.
- Shadow Leap: Releases a shockwave around you, then instantly teleports you backward.