Car Mechanic Simulator 2018features vintage cars. Renovating them allows you to sell a car with a large profit or include it in your collection. This chapter will explain how the restoration of classics in Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 works.
You can obtain older cars to restore them in two ways: buy them at junkyard or find in barns (you will also need to pay for them). After you pay for a car, it will be transferred to your parking lot. You can move it to your garage and start working on it at any time.
You renovate the cars to sell them or include in your collection. How much effort you will have to put into the process depends on how good a deal you have made (you can even buy cars that you will be able to sell for more than the original price - even if they're incomplete).
The only thing that will help you get a good deal is examining the car - examine the body, and enter the Overview mode. You can try to estimate the state of the car. Remember that a car's price doesn't necessarily indicate its condition. The worse the condition of a car, the more effort and money it will require to get it back to shape. The value of a car is determined by its brand and model, as well as its condition (visual and mechanical), which is the average condition of all its parts. That's why in case of budget repairs, you should replace many cheaper parts, such as suspension bushings or cylinder tappets in V8 OHV engines.
Until you start building fancy rides on new parts, you should search for parts on shelves, in cardboard boxes or at the junkyard. You can also buy two identical cars and use their parts to build one, decent vehicle. Your repair skills should be well developed - this will allow you to save money on repairs. Remember: you won't be able to restore a car to the perfect condition without upgrading your workshop to level 3. Only then you will be able to acquire the hardware required to clean a upholstery or renovate a rusty chassis.
- Elements of the interior don't have to be original;
- Rims and tires may differ in dimensions form their original counterparts;
- In order to easily increase the value of a car, pay for cleaning of the upholstery - it costs around 100$, but can sometimes increase the value by a couple thousand;
- If you want to use new parts to renovate a car, buy one at the junkyard - a vehicle will be very incomplete. You can quickly remove the engine using the engine crane.
- In order to achieve optimal profit, don't completely repair a car. Just replace the cheapest parts that influence the average car condition: spark plugs, filters, brake pads, rubber bushings, valve tippets and levers (OHV engines).
- Remember that missing parts also count into the average - their value is "0", thus they affect it the most. This particularly affects the body and the interior - before selling the car, make sure that the body is complete. The body parts are expensive so utilize whatever you can find in the junkyard.