In this section of the guide to Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 you will learn how car auctions work in the game. Here is a detailed guide on how to win the auctions and how to buy cars on them. You will learn the differences between the two auction houses.
Available: from Level 15
Car Auctions are available from Level 15. They allow you to buy used cars for your collection or for parts.
There are two auction houses to choose from:
- Kowalski Car Auctions - working cars, in good condition, more expensive
- Blacksmith Salvage Cars - broken cars, many parts need repair, cheaper
By selecting the status of the car from the wheel menu, you can preview its technical condition.
If you still want to buy it, you need to choose the hammer option to start the auction.
The rules are identical in both auction houses.
Before starting the auction, pay attention to:
- Starting Price - minimum purchase price
- Bid - the purchase price will increase by this amount each time someone bumps up the price
- Estimated Value - the expected ending price to which others will certainly bid.
Once the bidding starts, you have a short moment to bid. You can do it before the bar on the wheel fills up. If the color is red, you're losing the auction and have to quickly bump up the price. The current amount is shown in the table to the right. At the start, get ready to mash the bid button, because the time is running out very fast.
If the color of the wheel is green, you're winning the auction. Then, only the option to cancel the purchase is available.
If you don't manage to bump up the price or you stop bidding because the price got too high, you will lose the auction.
If no one outbids you, you'll win the auction.
After winning the auction, you must decide where to put the newly purchased car.