Our guide to the game Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 is an extensive compendium about this popular series of car repair simulators' latest installment. With our guide you'll learn about the basics of a car mechanic's career, as well as common mistakes you should avoid while starting off. We'll show you how basic repairs and diagnostic activities are performed.
The guide describes every location available to the player and your workshop's equipment. We feature advice regarding the game's opening hours, the most useful unlockable skills and means of avoiding quick bankrupcy. Aside from that, our walkthrough contains a list of every car in the game, as well as story-related commissions.
The FAQ section is an important part of the guide. There, you can find answers to frequently asked questions and solutions to the most common problems related to the game. We point out what to do when a part you missed or didn't replace prevents you from finishing the repair. We also advise what to do if you run out of money necessary for purchasing parts.
The last chapter of the guide features an appendix, describing the game's controls, PC system requirements, the game's available editions, and the achievement list.
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: Beginner's Guide
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: The basics
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: FAQ - I'm looking for an answer to my problem
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: Car repair
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: All locations
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: All cars
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: All story missions
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: PC System requirements
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: Game editions
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: Beginner's Guide
To start off, check out our Beginner's Guide. It'll let you start playing Car Mechanic Simulator 2021without making some basic mistakes which would probably lead to a restart.
- The optimal starting difficulty is Normal. Playing on Easy all broken parts are automatically detected, heavily simplifying the game. On the Expert difficulty parts' outlines, as well as positions of screws and bolts are hidden, making the gameplay much tougher.
- Before starting the repair, inspect the car visually. By doing so, you can immediately detect many damaged parts. Additionally, visual inspection rewards you with experience points.
- Buy a tablet as soon as you can, as it allows you to purchase parts without approaching the PC each time.
- At the beginning, don't invest in expanding the garage with more expensive additions. Always have a few thousand spare credits before you begin a main gig, in order to make sure you can afford the necessary parts.
- When buying tires, always remember to choose a fitting profile, width and diameter for the rim.
- Always remember to empty the tanks when replacing service fluids. If you don't do so before pouring in new fluid, you'll have to pay extra. The only exception is the sprinkler fluid, which can be mixed with the old one freely.
- Add parts needing replacement to your shopping list, so you can quickly find the necessary item in the store.
- Beginning your journey with the game, it's recommended to focus on fixing one problem at a time - for example, the front brake pads. Move on to the next problem after solving the previous one and emptying your shopping list. At first, avoid taking the entire car apart at one go.
You can find additional tips in the Beginner's Guide.
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: The basics
The Basics section features the most important elements of Car Mechanic Simulator 2021. Descriptions of the game's basic mechanics as well as details regarding the development of your skills and your workshop can all be found here.
- User interface
- Gig types
- Malfunction diagnosis
- Part replacement
- Workshop equipment
- Character's skills and workshop expansion
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: FAQ - I'm looking for an answer to my problem
In the FAQ section we offer solutions to the most common problems encountered while playing Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 and answer question that may arise during gameplay. Here you will learn what to do when you run out of credits, how to locate unknown parts and how to upload your own music to the game.
- My own music in the radio - how to upload?
- A demo version - does it exist?
- An undetected part - what to do?
- Not enough credits to complete the commision - what to do?
- Service fluids - how to empty the tanks?
- A rubber sleeve - where is it?
- Cars - how to buy them?
- Cars - how to sell them?
- Driving a car - where and how?
- Commisions - how to finish them?
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: Car repair
The Car repair chapter of our Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 guide includes descriptions and instructions on replacing a car's basic components. Here you will learn how to properly replace service fluids, tires, suspension, car timing and how to repair damaged parts.
- Fluid replacement
- Car timing replacement
- Tire replacement
- Transmission repair
- Other malfunctions
- Parts repair
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: All locations
The locations section lists all the places on the world map that you can visit and the things you can do upon visiting them. Here we describe how to buy cars in dealerships and on auctions, as well as things you can do in junkyards and abandoned barns.
- Auction House
- Test Track
- Race Track
- Car Salon
- Speed Track
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: All cars
This chapter of the Car Mechanic Simulator 2021guide includes the list of all vehicles featured in the game. Aside for their fictional names we add the real model and brand the cars vehicles are based off.
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: All story missions
In this part of the Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 guide you will find the descriptions of story-related commissions. We provide a list of parts necessary for completion of each repair.
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: PC System requirements
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021's minimum system requirements:
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 3.5 GHz / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X 3.5 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: 2 GB GeForce GTX 760 or better
- Disk space: 35 GB HDD
- Operating system: Windows 8.1/10 64-bit
More information on this topic can be found on a separate page of our guide: System requirements.
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021: Game editions
The game Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 is available in a standard digital edition. Additionally, on launch day, two DLC expansions became available for purchase:
- Nissan DLC - adding Nissan cars
- Electric Car DLC - adding electric cars and new sets of dedicated parts
About Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 Guide
Author : Dariusz "DM" Matusiak for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : August 18, 2021
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 Video Game
- genre: Simulation
- developer: Red Dot Games
- publisher: PlayWay
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE