At the end of the third chapter, Garden of the Hawkins mansion, in Call of Cthulhu, you will arrive at a location where you will have to open a hidden passage. While the brute force method to move the gears is simpler, there is an additional way - to solve the puzzle related to the globe in the office. How to do it? You will learn it from this chapter.
First of all, you should examine the map lying on the desk - there is a journey marked on it. Dashes between individual points are a hint - it is the route that now needs to be mapped on the globe. Get closer to the object and interact with it. Now follow these guidelines:
- Set the initial location to 42N, 70W
- Move the marker to 47N, 55W - you must move it up and to the right.
- Now move the marker to 49N, 61W - a little bit up and to the left.
- Set it to 57N, 51W - up and to the right
- Finally, move the marker to 33N, 53W - down.
Finally, the marker should be placed in the middle of the compass rose symbol - as shown in the picture above. Now you only need to confirm your choice to finish the puzzle and open the hidden passage. For your deed you will additionally receive the Brilliant mind achievement.