The game guide to Borderlands 2 is an extensive, illustrated compendium of knowledge, designed to help you with getting to know the production made by the Gearbox Software studio. On the initial pages of the guide you will find the guidebook. It is meant for users who are only beginning their adventure with the game, and should you be one of them, it will allow you to understand some crucial concepts. The hints that have been included in our game guide relate mostly to such topics as gaining experience points, using special abilities, travelling through the game's world, using weapons, and completing unique challenges.
The most important part of the game guide is the extremely detailed walkthrough description of Borderlands 2. Our walkthrough contains, most importantly, the descriptions of all of the main storyline missions. However, you will also be able to find the descriptions of all of the side missions. These have been divided in our guide in accordance with the location in which you can begin the relevant quests. Each of the descriptions contains information about the location where the task can be unlocked, about the actions you must undertake, and the potential special rewards for completing the quest. Our walkthrough is made more transparent by numerous screenshots and location maps, which will show you where the events of particular quests play out. On each map we have marked important points of interest that you need to visit as a part of a given mission. In some tasks you must additionally deal with bosses. Every such duel with a uniquely powerful enemy has also been discussed in detail in this guide, which will make it possible for you to defeat these foes without any issues.
- The guidebook to Borderlands 2
- Main missions in Borderlands 2
- Side missions in Borderlands 2
- The most important controls in Borderlands 2
- Can I play Borderlands 2 on PS4 and XONE?
- Does Borderlands 2 support the additional capabilities of the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X consoles?
- The colour coding in the game guide to Borderlands 2
The guidebook to Borderlands 2
In the General hints chapter of our game guide you will find a set of various tips and tricks that should help you with understanding the most important game mechanics, and with preparing to fight against the enemies you will encounter. These are some of the most crucial sections of our guide:
- How to gain Experience Points? - XP can be obtained by killing enemies and completing quests, keep in mind that the level of the enemy and the suggested level of the quest affects the final value of the XP you will gain.
- How to use special skills? - Each class has one unique, active skill, and in order to unlock it you must first purchase the Action Skill from the skill tree.
- How to unlock skills? - You will always have three skill trees to choose from and you can either focus on one of them or steadily develop two or three at a time. You must spend the minimum amount of points on the previous skill level in order to unlock the next.
- Is death in Borderlands 2 always permanent? - No, the Fight for Your Life mode allows you to immediately return to the world of the living if you can kill an enemy quickly enough.
- What stats are assigned to the weapons? - Apart from the damage that a given weapon inflicts, its stats also dictate experience level requirements and other unusual properties (e.g. the capacity to incinerate the target).
- Does Borderlands 2 feature a Fast Travel system? - Yes, you can make use of a fast travel function after reaching a special terminal. The game allows you to freely return to previously visited locations.
- How does the game reward the completion of challenges? - In Borderlands 2 there are plenty of Badass Rank challenges for you to beat. Should you manage to complete some of them, you will receive tokens, that will later allow you to buy upgrades.
Main missions in Borderlands 2
In our game guide to Borderlands 2 you will find a complete walkthrough description of the game's storyline. Here is the list of the main missions covered in the guide:
- My First Gun / Blindsided
- Cleaning Up the Berg
- Best Minion Ever
- The Road to the Sanctuary
- Plan B
- Hunting the Firehawk
- A Dam Fine Rescue
- A Train to Catch
- Rising Action
- Bright Lights, Flying City
- Wildlife Preservation
- The Once and Future Slab
- The Man Who Would Be Jack
- Where Angels Fear to Tread
- Toil and Trouble
- Data Mining
- The Talon of God - the final quest of the main storyline, where you must defeat the last boss named The Warrior
Side missions in Borderlands 2
The side missions in Borderlands 2 have been divided in our game guide in accordance with the locations in which you can begin completing them. In addition, the walkthrough description of every quest contains detailed information about the requirements for adding the relevant task to the quest log.
- Side missions in Southern Shelf
- Side missions in Sanctuary (first visit)
- Side missions in Three Horns Valley
- Side missions in The Dust
- Side missions in Bloodshot Stronghold
- Side missions in Tundra Express
- Side missions in Sanctuary (second visit)
- Side missions in The Highlands
- Side missions in Caustic Caverns
- Side missions in Sanctuary (third visit)
- Side missions in Thousand Cuts
- Side missions in Lynchwood
- Side missions in Opportunity
- Side missions in Eridium Blight
- Side missions in Sawtooth Cauldron
- Side missions in Arid Nexus Badlands
The most important controls in Borderlands 2
The following chart presents all of the most important controls in Borderlands 2. You can play the game by using a keyboard and a mouse or by using one of the available controllers (PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One).
Character movement / Steering vehicles
Camera movement / Steering vehicles
Interact / Pick up loot / Enter or exit a vehicle
Aiming / Zooming in / Using one of the vehicle-mounted weapons
Firing your weapon / Using one of the vehicle-mounted weapons
Use the special ability / Turbo while using a vehicle
Can I play Borderlands 2 on PS4 and XONE?
Yes, Borderlands 2 is also available on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. However, it is important to note, that Borderlands 2 is not sold individually. The game is a part of a set named The Handsome Collection, in which you will also find the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel game.
The aforementioned collection is sold in both a physical and a digital version. It requires you to have both of the games installed on the hard drive of your console. You can choose the game that you want to play from a special menu. The Handsome Collection also has two separate sets of achievements. You can gain trophies for both Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, and thus also unlock two platinum trophies.
Does Borderlands 2 support the additional capabilities of the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X consoles?
Yes, on the 3rd of April 2019 extended support for the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X console has been added. It is a part of the Ultra HD Pack update, which has been published for free to all players who have purchased The Handsome Collection set.
The most important novelties added in the Ultra HD Pack update are:
- The addition of full support for the 4K resolution.
- The addition of Ultra HD textures.
- The addition of support for the HDR technology.
- Refreshed character and vehicle models.
- Better quality of cutscenes.
- Higher quality anti-aliasing.
- The addition of dynamic shadows in higher resolution.
The colour coding in the game guide to Borderlands 2
In our game guide to Borderlands 2 we have used the following colour coding scheme:
- The brown colour represents NPCs;
- The green colour represents quest items;
- The blue colour represents specific enemies;
- The orange colour represents devices;
- The bold font represents location names, chests, weapons, modifications and Eridium.
Translated to English by Jakub "cilgan" Lasota
About Borderlands 2 Game Guide
Author : Michal Rutkowski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Jakub "Cilgan" Lasota
Guide contains : 114 pages, 602 images.
Last update : May 11, 2016, visit General hints
Last update : May 11, 2016, visit Main missions
Last update : May 11, 2016, visit Side missions
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Borderlands 2 Game Guide
Borderlands 2 Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Gearbox Software
- publisher: 2K Games
- platform: PC, XBOX360, PS3
- rated: PEGI: Age 18+ / ESRB: Mature
A new era of shoot and loot is about to begin. Play as one of four new vault hunters facing off against a massive new world of creatures, psychos and the evil mastermind, Handsome Jack. Make new friends, arm them with a bazillion weapons and fight alongside them in 4 player co-op or split-screen on a relentless quest for revenge and redemption across the undiscovered and unpredictable living planet.
Borderlands 2 follows the story of four new Vault Hunters as they fight to free Pandora from the clutches of Handsome Jack, the brilliant, charismatic, and utterly despicable CEO of the Hyperion Corporation.
Players will fight across the whole of Pandora to stop Jack from awakening an ancient alien evil known only as the Warrior. Their quest will bring them into contact with some familiar faces from the old game – most notably, the original four Vault Hunters: Roland, Lilith, Brick and Mordecai. They, along with some brand new characters, will help players defeat Jack, destroy the Warrior, and save Pandora.
All-New Characters and Classes: Choose from all new characters and classes including the Gunzerker, who can dual-wield any two weapons in the game. Dual machine guns? Cool. Dual rocket launchers? Of course! Dual Sniper Rifles? Sure, if that's your thing!
Play Online with Friends: Share your adventures with friends both online and via LAN through a seamless system enabling you to drop in and drop out of a campaign without ever having to restart the game.
World Connected Story: Left for dead in the frozen tundra of Pandora, begin your quest of revenge and redemption as the story drives you closer to the Hyperion Corporation and its evil founder, Handsome Jack.
New Badass Gun System: Millions upon millions of possible weapons means tons of new and innovative ways to engage foes on Pandora. Fire, electricity, corrosive acid, and more will all be at your disposal.
Borderlands 2 PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Core i5 2.3 GHz, 2 GB RAM, graphic card 1 GB (GeForce GTX 560 or better), 20 GB HDD, Windows XP (SP3)/Vista/7, lacze internetowe