On this page of the guide to BioShock Infinite, you will find most important information about the Vigors. Our guide will tell what they are and how to use them. You will also find some advice about using them.
Vigors in BioShock: Infinite work in a similiar way to plasmids from the previous games of the series. Aside from the obvious offensive capabilities vigors can also serve as traps. A very important thing (often missed by the players) is a possibility of combining available vigors to receive very effective and very efficient combos. This is described with more details on one of the further paiges of this chapter.
Salt is the fuel for vigors and you can find this resource by collecting blue bottles scattered throughout the entire Columbia or by making purchases from vending machines (only in the early chapters). Thankfully if you'll run out of salt in a combat situation Elizabeth should help you in replenishing your current supplies.
Various advice about the vigors
- Use the Bucking Bronco vigor on enemies hidden behind covers and obstacles.
- Use the Charge vigor to quickly get closer to more distant enemies in order to inflict direct damage.
- The Charge vigor must have some target when it's released, because otherwise it will be cancelled.
- Use traps provided by the Devil's Kills vigor to create powerful land mines.
- Use the hungry crows to create powerful land mines.
- All the traps created using the vigors are extremely powerful. Hold the button and then release it to add a new trap.
- Your vigors are powered using salt. Each time you notice you're running low on salt find more supplies or buy them.
- After you've chosen the Bucking Bronco vigor you can hold down the button and then release it to place a horse trap.
- Hold the button for a longer period time after choosing the Charge vigor to increase its strength.
- If you hold down the button after choosing the Devil's Kills vigor you'll create a fiery trap.
- Holding and then releasing the button after choosing the Murder of Crows vigor will create a nest which is a trap.
- If you choose the Possession vigor and then hold the button for a longer period of time you'll create a possession trap.
- You can use the Return to Sender vigor to create a shield in front of you and it's performed by holding the button. Maintaining the shield drains salt and releasing the button will result in deflecting all the bullets that were fired at you.
- Holding the button and then releasing it after choosing the Return to Sender vigor creates a trap. Shooting at this trap charges it and as a result it can inflict more damage after it's triggered.
- After you've chosen the Shock Jockey vigor you can hold down the button and then release it to create an electric trap. All the traps from this group can be connected to form electric nets.
- You can use the Undertow vigor to grab enemies and then to pull them away and it's achieved by holding the button responsible for activating this vigor.
- The Undertow vigor must have an active target in order for it to be used.
- You can use the traps created using the Shock Jockey vigor to prevent enemy units from charging at the main character.
Using vigors outside of combat
The POSSESSION vigor can be used to "hack" vending machines found in Columbia. Each time a machine has been hacked it will drop a small number of silver eagles, however you won't be able to repeat the hacking process for the second time.
The SHOCK JOCKEY vigor can be used to power some of the inactive generators. It's usually required to complete the current main objective, however this method can also be sometimes used to unlock access to secret rooms.