On this page of the guide, you will find the answer to the question of how long does it take to complete the first installment of the BioShock series. We have prepared several values because the estimated total game time may vary depending on how you play. You can focus on the main storyline or study all subsequent areas of Rapture very carefully.
- It will take you 11-12 hours to finish the game, focusing only on the main storyline. The choice of difficulty level significantly affects the game time. With low settings, you don't need to prepare for more difficult battles, sneak or scour the neighborhood to get the necessary supplies. You can also finish the game faster by leaving the Vita-chamber capsules enabled. In case of death, they resurrect the hero.
- The desire to explore all locations at 100% can extend the game by 4-5 hours. Great help-quality maps of visited places. With them, you can easily determine where you have already been and where else to look. Careful exploration can, in turn, slow down because of mini-hacking games. Each of them will take you an average of several dozens of seconds. There are a lot of them in the game.
- Beating all the daddies and capturing all the sisters will prolong the game by 1-2 hours. On low and medium difficulty levels you should defeat all the Daddies on your first try. At higher levels of difficulty, the risk of failure is much higher. It also takes a lot of time to prepare for the fight, so as to weaken the Daddy as much as possible in the first seconds of the fight.
- You can get a platinum trophy after about 20 hours of play. We recommend that you read the descriptions of all trophies in our trophy guide and constantly view the pages of our guide. This will allow you not to miss any trophies and complete the game by discovering all the secrets and thus unlocking the achievements associated with the search.
- To get the platinum trophy you can complete the game just once. In addition, you can use the trick that we described in the trophy I Choose the Impossible description, which eliminates the need to complete the campaign at the highest level of difficulty - Survivor. If you are using the exploit we described, you can change the difficulty level just before the final cutscene starts.
- Challenge Room add-on provides several hours of play. Much depends on how well you will cope with opponents under the pressure of time and with limited equipment. Fortunately, earning these achievements is completely optional and you do not need to get them to unlock the platinum trophy of the game.