This page of the guide to Biomutant contains information on how to regnerate the Ki energy. The Ki energy bar in the game is an equivalent to the mana and stamina bars known from other RPGs. You will also learn how to expand your Ki energy bar in order to have more Ki energy at your disposal for one-time use.
- Ki energy - consumption
- Ki energy - regeneration
- Expanding the Ki energy bar and boosting regeneration
Ki energy - consumption
As a reminder, the ki energy bar is blue and is always visible on the screen below the health bar.
As we mentioned in the introduction, Ki energy is consumed for activities that require mana or stamina in other role-playing productions. These activities include primarily:
- Special Powers / Mutations - Activating each special power requires giving up a certain number of Ki points. The stronger a power is, the more points are required to activate it. You can unlock new powers by spending Bio and Psi points on them and then assigning them to the main pad buttons.
- Special Attacks - related to weapon use. After you have performed several standard attacks with a particular weapon, you will have the option to perform a special attack. They are visibly stronger and you can use them to weaken or eliminate your enemies more effectively. The game allows you to use them multiple times within the same fight, but you must always perform a few regular attacks before activating the special attack again.
- Dodging - this is especially important, since dodging allows you to avoid taking serious damage. This feature is crucial during boss fights and battles with elite enemies. For example, dodging can allow you to jump to the side when a monster starts charging or initiates an area attack. Try to always have some reserves of Ki energy so that you can perform at least one dodge if you suddenly need to.
- Double Jumps - they are the most useful when you need to jump over a chasm or an oil tank.
- Swimming - in this case, you have to keep an eye on the energy bar, because if it runs out, the protagonist will drown. Try to avoid covering too big a distance, and look for places (e.g. small islands) where you can stop and rest on the way to your destination. This becomes a little less important later in the game when you unlock a jet ski which will help you navigate large bodies of water.
Ki energy - regeneration
The Ki energy can regenerate on its own and, unlike the health bar, it can also do so during fights. You can simply move away from the enemies for a while and wait for it to regenerate. However, dodging is one of the actions that use Ki, so make sure not to dodge too frequently.
If you need to quickly restore your Ki energy, e.g. in order to use a special power, you can use a disposable item called an Energy Pack. You can find these types of objects along with other loot or buy them from merchants. They appear in several varieties that differ in their effectiveness - after selecting an item from your inventory, you can find out how effectively it can renew Ki energy and how long the regeneration can last.
Expanding the Ki energy bar and boosting regeneration
An important note about Biomutant is that you can permanently increase your character's Ki energy bar and improve its regeneration. There is an attribute associated with the Ki bar - Intellect. You can make sure that the value of this attribute is higher when you create a new character, and you can also choose to increase their Intellect (by 10 points each time) after you advance to a higher experience level.
You can also temporarily improve the maximum amount of accumulated Ki energy and its regeneration rate by equipping the main character with the appropriate gear. When reviewing the stats of the items you collect, look out for those that are able to add Ki energy points or improve its regeneration rate.
On the character stats screen, the default values of the Ki energy bars and regeneration rate associated with the current Intellect value are indicated in white, while the temporary bonuses for the time you use the equipment that provides more Ki energy and/or faster regeneration are indicated in yellow.