This page of the Biomutant game guide, describes creating a new character using the game's built-in wizard.
The character creator in Biomutant is very powerful and allows users to create an original character that will perfectly fit their play style, as well as reflect appropriate character traits. While moving between the different sections of the wizard, you will be able to choose, among others, the origin of the character (breed), its attributes, genetic immunity, class, and also decide what your hero will look like.
- Step 1: Origin (breed)
- Step 2: Attributes
- Step 3: Immunities
- Step 4: Fur style, primary color, secondary color
- Step 5: Class
- Step 6: Summary
Step 1: Origin (breed)
The first step in creating a new character in Biomutant is to choose the origin (breed). Each race has certain characteristics that will allow you to tailor your character to your preferred play style.
In Biomutant you can choose to become one of the 6 available breeds:
- Primal: a race whose main strengths are agility, lightness and dexterity, but at the cost of a less developed intellect;
- Dumdon: the least developed breed, which makes up for its intellectual deficiencies with great physical strength and improved vitality;
- Rex: The DNA of this breed has mutated in a balanced way, allowing it to meet challenges that require both strength and intellect. Furthermore, the Rex breed features a slightly improved vitality;
- Hyla: a breed with regeneration ability, high endurance and vitality;
- Fip: a breed whose greatest asset is its highly developed intellect. Its genius is closely tied to ki power, which enhances psionic abilities;
- Murgel: this breed features highly developed charisma, but at the expense of less developed Intellect.
Step 2: Attributes
The second step of creating your hero in Biomutant is to determine the attributes. The values of each statistic are changed on the wheel visible on the left side of the screen ( when playing on a console, move the left stick in the appropriate direction). On the right side of the screen, you can see how the character's attributes will change - green numbers for plus, and red numbers for minus.
In Biomutantyou can develop 6 main character attributes:
For more detailed information on all of the attributes available in Biomutant and how they affect character development, please visit the Stats and Attributes page.
Step 3: Immunities
At the next stage of character creation in Biomutant you will have to determine your character's genetic immunity. The values are changed on the wheel visible on the left side of the screen (when playing on the console, move the left stick in the appropriate direction). In the bottom right corner of the screen, you can see how the character's immunities will change.
In Biomutant there are 4 main types of genetic immunities:
The base value for each resistance type is 6%, but as you manipulate these values you can get increased resistance to two factors, such as 7%/6%/6%/7%. You can also give up some immunities in favor of others.
Step 4: Fur style, primary color, secondary color
The next step of creating your own hero in Biomutant is much simpler and involves customizing the character's appearance. As you move between the three successive windows of the wizard, you can select not only the fur style, but also its primary and secondary (detail) colors.
Step 5: Class
The last and most important stage of creating a new hero in Biomutant is to choose a character class. Each class has its own characteristics that largely define its style of play.
In Biomutant you can decide on one of the 5 available character classes:
- Dead-Eye: Single shot rifles do 20% more damage, ability to perform instant reloads, the next clip deals 20% more damage;
- Commando: melee weapons attack speed increased by 10% when character's health drops below 20%;
- Psi-Freak: ki energy regeneration rate increased by 20%, additional Spark Ball ability that deals damage to a hit enemy;
- Saboteur: Evasion energy cost reduced by 20%, ability to use two one-handed weapons - Dual Wield;
- Sentinel: basic armor value increased by 10.
Step 6: Summary
At the very end, a summary of the character you created will appear on the screen. If you need to modify something, you can still go back to a certain stage and correct any mistakes. Once you confirm your choice you will begin your adventure with Biomutant .