As I have mentioned in the introduction to this chapter, the challenges connected with the training console are divided into four categories where, regardless of what type of challenge you pick, you always need to complete two challenges. The first type are the challenges which require you to amass a pre-determined number of points. They are directly connected with fighting battles against the enemy characters, which take place in special arenas. The rules are very similar to those of the main campaign mode and so, if you want to collect the maximum number of cups, in each one of the challenges you need to remember about three things:
- Achieve as high multipliers as possible - shock gloves may prove to be useful here, because it is thanks to them that you can easily boost up the multiplier. To the extent possible, try to complete each round without cancelling the multiplier, i.e. without breaking the streak of attacks (e.g. as a result of taking damage, a failed attacks on the enemy who is blocking or by waiting for too long after the last blow).
- Avoid taking damage - try to master counter-attacks and countering the attacks of the elite enemies (e.g. knife or shield attacks). An ideal situation is when you complete each assignment while retaining your health bar full.
- Attach care to diversifying your attacks - do not use on or two favorite combos only and use as many types of attacks as possible. It is also a good idea to train the quick use of gadgets, thanks to which, although you are using a gadget, the sequence of attacks does not break and the multiplier does not reset.
The second kind of challenges are ones where the cups are awarded for certain actions - in the case of the predator challenges, these include various ways of eliminating bandits silently and, in the case of combat training, these are the various ways of utilizing new skills and gadgets. I recommend that, in both cases, you get acquainted with the task list right at the beginning of the fights, thanks to which you will know what you need to achieve and, to the extent possible, you will complete all of the premises of a given challenge, still before you eliminate the enemies.
Two important points:
1) You do not need to complete a given challenge straight away, neither do you need to do that in 100%. Therefore, do not worry if you have not met the requirements to unlock one or two cups. The only difference is that, in this case, you do not receive as many experience points.
2) Unlocking all three cups at one take does not mean automatic completing a challenge, because you still need to eliminate all of the enemies and end this challenge per se. Therefore, do not allow Batman to die towards the end of the challenge, or fail it by, e.g. killing the hostage (the predator challenges).