Baldurs Gate 3: Riverside Teahouse - map
Baldurs Gate 3 guide, walkthrough
Key points of Baldurs Gate 3 - M7 - Riverside Teahouse
Important locations on the map
Powerful enemies and traps
Unique passageways and treasures
New potential team members
This page of the Baldurs Gate 3 game guide includes the M7 map showing the Riverside Teahouse located in the Sunlit Wetlands. The map below shows important areas to visit in the Wetlands, as well as various hazards to watch out for.
Important locations - Riverside Teahouse
1. Johl, Demir, and Aunt Ethel. On the way to the Teahouse, you can witness a confrontation - brothers Johl and Demir are arguing with Aunt Ethel about their sister Mayrina's alleged abduction by an old woman. You can choose how you want to behave. The first option is to side with Aunt Ehtel - you have to kill the men. The second option is to start questioning Aunt Ethel - the old lady gets angry and disappears.
If you didn't kill the brothers, you can offer to help them find Mayrina. The brothers themselves are found dead in this situation a little further, though the quest to locate Mayrina can continue regardless.
1. Spiked traps in water. They are scattered throughout the area and an example of this type of trap is shown in the image above. They can be found through passing a perception test - walk slowly and stop immediately after receiving information about performing the test. Entering the trap will lead to bleeding status for several rounds.
You can jump or avoid the traps you find. You can also look for other passages that don't involve stepping into deeper water.
5. Teahouse. This is the location where Aunt Ethel / the witch lives. Go to the Important NPCs section for more information.
8. A fallen tree over the precipice. This is an alternate route to the Goblin Camp (map M6). Don't climb a tree with a few heroes at the same time, or it will collapse and you will fall.
4. Frog. You can talk to a frog (magic/potion required - for more details see the How to speak with Animals?) or pass an Animal Handling test. Failing it can lead to a duel with a monster. The Frog is able to reveal more information about Aunt Ethel and offer a reward after dealing with the witch.
5. Aunt Ethel / witch. The old lady was first encountered in the Druid Grove (map M3, blue 11) where she sold goods and offered to meet in her cabin to remove the parasite.
Upon entering Ethel's Teahouse you discover that she is a witch and that she is indeed responsible for kidnapping Mayrina. The encounter with Ethel is very elaborate - it may involve getting rid of the parasite (a failed eye experiment) and wanting to free Mayrina. Angry Ethel can teleport to her hideout (a passage behind the fireplace leads to it) and send monsters onto the heroes.
Other information about Riverside Teahouse
By far the most important location on this map is the eponymous Teahouse building, which is the residence of Aunt Ethel, who is also the green witch. Ethel is linked to quests about removing the parasite and saving Mayrina - their walkthrough descriptions are, of course, present in our solution.
When exploring the area, watch out for traps that may be in shallow water, particularly in the eastern part of the Wetlands. Don't run on water, because your entire team could get trapped and lose health points.