Baldurs Gate 3: Druid Grove / Silvanus Grove map
Baldurs Gate 3 guide, walkthrough
Key points of Baldurs Gate 3 - M3 - Druid Grove / Silvanus Grove
Important locations on the map
Powerful enemies and traps
Unique passageways and treasures
New potential team members
This page of the Baldurs Gate 3 game guide revolves around the M3 map showing two areas - Druid Grove and Silvanus Grove. The below description includes the key NPCs of the grove (including merchants) and the secret locations that can be explored.
Important locations - Druid Grove and Silvanus Grove
1. A group of goblins. Monsters will appear after approaching the gate to Druid Grove (Blue 1 on the map). Defeating them is required if you want to use this entrance to the Grove. People from the Grove will help you win this battle.
1. Stone door. It is a secret entrance to an underground passage that you can discover by passing a skillchecks. Exploring this location allows you to access Druid Grove in an alternative way. There is a backpack with the thief's tools and other loot nearby.
13. Prison. A goblin named Sazz is being held in a cage. You can allow her to be executed with a crossbow or stand in front of the cage and stop it by successfully passing one of the skillchecks (failing it will start the fight). You can ask rescued Sazza about the goblin healer, open her cage (use the thief's tools) and help her escape from the Grove.
17. Silvanus Idol. It is located in the central part of the area where the druid ritual is performed. You can attempt to steal the idol (request by Mola - Blue 15 on the map). The idol guarantees blessings (bonuses to Nature and Animal Handling).
18. The entrance to the Emerald Grove. This is an important quest location - inside the Emerald Grove you can encounter Archdruid Kagh and Nettie, among others.
20. A group of clerics. Here, you will meet two clerics standing over a dying third one. If you reveal that you are not a True Soul or that you're a survivor, you will be attacked. You can offer to help the clerics kill the monster and go with them to the Owlbear lair.
A parasite will come out from the eye of the dead cleric, similar to that of the main character - you can try to kill it (a few skillchecks) or leave it alone.
Bonus dungeon - Underground Passage
The Underground Passage is one of the larger dungeons located under the Druid Grove. The crypt can be entered from 3 different directions:
- A secret stone door to the left of the entrance to Druid Grove (Green 1 on the map). You have to pass a skillcheck to use it.
- The stone door next to the makeshift prison (blue 14 on the map) - shown in the picture. This is the best choice if you want to free the goblin Sazza (blue 13 on the map) and help her escape from the Druid Grove.
- A secret passage in the Emerald Grove (blue 18 on the map). Its location is included in the description of this bonus location.
In the dungeon, you can encounter a group of goblins led by Findal. It's easy to surprise the opponents if you start exploring the Underground Passage from the south - you can push a single goblin standing at the precipice and then attack the other ones using the High Ground advantage and bonus chances of successful attacks.
In the area by the water, there are corpses shown in the picture above, with Charred Key. You can use the key to unlock one of the exits from this dungeon.
In the southern part of the passage is a heavy chest with a trap. The trap is very strong, so you should identify it (skillcheck) and use a set to disarm it. The chest contains gold and a green staff -Nature's Snare.
The Guardian Statue shown in the picture is also a dangerous trap, which can launch powerful distance attacks once within its range. A good solution is to use your own distance attacks to destroy the statue.
Bonus location - Secluded Chamber
The entrance to the Secluded Chamber is in the area of the Druid Grove - you must find a stone door in the western part of this location (blue 7 on the map).
Inside is Zevlor, who you can meet in the Save the Refugees quest. There is also a ladder that can help you to reach the area with a waterfall on the back of the Grove (blue 8 on the map).
Bonus location - Tiefling Hideout
The access to the hideout is linked to Doni, who resides in the northern part of the Druid Grove (Blue 15 on the map). He disappears during the first encounter but you can return to this place after saving Mirkon from the harpies (red 2 on the map). This will give you access to the hideout. It has two entrances - you can use a hidden hatch next to Doni (picture above) or a passageway at a rock crevice located a little further east, next to the waterfall.
Inside the hideout is Mol, who can give you the Steal the Sacred Idol quest.
Bonus location - Emerald Grove
The Emerald Grove is located in the area of the Druid Grove - the entrance to it is near the place where the rituals are performed (blue 18 on the map). It is an important quest location that you will visit in many missions, like Removing the Parasite.
The Emerald Grove consists of four larger areas. In the first one, there is an important scene which includes the Archdruid Kagha, Rath, and Arabella. Depending on which dialog option you will choose and the number of skillcheck passed, the girl may survive or die, while the druids may continue to be friendly or attack the team.
The second area of the Emerald Grove is the Servants' Quarters.
The third area is the Druids' Chambers. There is Nettie, who can be met during the Removing the parasite quest.
The last place of the Emerald Grove is Enclave Library - the entrance to it will unlock after meeting with Nettie. A conversation with Nettie can have several endings and is linked to a quest to Removing the Parasite
There are 4 stone slabs for runes in the Library. They are connected to a puzzle, which we described in detail on the Stone slabs with runes in Emerald Grove page. Completing the puzzle will unlock a secret vault with valuable items.
By passing the perception skillcheck, you can reveal the secret passage shown in the picture. After successfully using the thief's tools, it will allow you to move to an Underground Passage, but it'll also result in the team contact with the poisonous cloud. Using this secret passageway is a good idea if you are trapped by Nettie in the library or if you want to obtain the notes on the parasite and Halsin's journal from the library without meeting Nettie.
6. Trader Arron. Arron sells potions, magic scrolls, various types of arrows, sets for opening locks and disarming traps, torches, melee weapons, and clothes.
1. Wyll. He trains along with other characters. You can look into his mind with Illithid's skill and invite him to join your team permanently.
9. Trader Dammon. Sells different kinds of arrows, melee and ranged weapons, shields, and various pieces of armor.
11. Aunt Ethel. Sells various mixtures and rare alchemical ingredients. You can drink her potion and talk to her about removing the parasite. Ethel will offer to meet her at her tea house located on the marshes and will set off for the place.
Further information on the Druid Grove / Silvanus Grove map
Druid's Grove is the first large location inhabited by friendly characters. In it, you can find many quests and traders, whom you can sell unnecessary loot and purchase some useful items (e.g. picklocks)
Be careful during interactions and stealing, as you may turn the people of the Grove against you, which may lead to an unnecessary battle with some of the inhabitants. Some people may also die, like the goblin from prison.