This chapter of the guide describes which races available in Baldurs Gate 3 best fit the Warlock class.
If you decide to play as a Warlock in Baldur's Gate 3, you should take interest in races that have bonuses to Charisma, Constitution, or even Dexterity. Also, there are additional skills offered by individual races, which can further enrich your character's playing style.
Half-elves combine the best qualities of Elves and humans and are the best possible choice for the Warlock class.
- Race Bonus: +2 to Charisma;
- Race Bonus: 2 additional trait points to divide. Up to one point can be added to one trait. Best to choose +1 to Constitution and 1 for Dexterity;
- Darkvision: the character can see in the dark within a radius of 12 meters;
- Fey Ancestry: the character will have advantage in defense tests against charms and magic won't be able to put him or her to sleep.
Tiefling is another race available in Baldurs Gate 3, which fits well with the Warlock class due to the bonus to Charisma and very useful passive abilities.
- Racial bonus: +2 to Charisma, +1 to Intelligence;
- Hellish Resistance: the character gains fire resistance - all received fire damage is halved;
- Darkvision: the hero can see in the dark within a radius of 12 meters.
Drow is another race in Baldurs Gate 3 that is worth noting when creating a Warlock class character.
- Racial bonus: +1 to Charisma, +2 to Dexterity;
- Fey Ancestry: you have an advantage on saving throws against Charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.
- Superior Darkvision: the protagonist can see in the dark within 24 meters.
- Dancing lights: a clever spell that creates wisps of light that illuminate a 12m radius.
Humans are probably the most versatile race available in Baldurs Gate 3 so they will work well as Warlocks. Human receives a +1 bonus to every attribute available in the game.