The following page of the guide to Baldur's Gate 3 contains information about the character class of Ranger. Here, you'll learn more about his abilities and specializations.
Ranger is a character class specialized in hunting and exploration. His skills may come in handy when crossing difficult terrain. He can also do well against certain types of opponents. Finally, Ranger has access to limited magic.
Ranger has a fairly wide range of skills. At the beginning, he is given access to two abilities:
- Favored Enemy - improves combat effectiveness when fighting against certain types of opponents;
- Natural Explorer - improves the team's ability to navigate through different types of terrain.
Once you reach level 3, you receive access to Primeval Awareness, a skill that allows you to detect prey or types of opponents selected with Favoured Enemy.
At level 3, Ranger needs to choose a specialization:
- Archery - receives +2 bonus for ranged weapon hits;
- Defense - grants 1+ bonus to armor class when wearing armor;
- Dueling - the character inflicts additional damage when holding a one-handed weapon;
- Two-Weapon Fighting - increases the damage inflicted by the weapon held in the other hand.
After reaching level 3, you can choose from one of two specializations:
- Hunter - a specialization focused on hunting. It allows you to focus your attacks on certain enemies.
- Beastmaster - this specialization allows you to have an animal companion that helps in spying and combat.