On this page of the guide to Baldur's Gate 3 you will find information about fighter, which is one of the available character classes. Here, you will learn more about his fighting styles and specializations available to him.
Fighter is the most versatile character class. He can fight with melee and ranged weapons. Moreover, he can wear any type of armor. As a result, Fighter is a backbone of any party. In BG3, the finished character of this class will be Lae'zel belonging to the Githyanka race.
The Fighter offers a range of different abilities. His first-level ability is Second Wind, which enables the Fighter to heal himself. The second ability, called Action Surge, enables the Fighter to recover an additional action point.
At level 3, the player can choose from a selection of character specializations. You can now choose what path the hero will take, receiving access to a choice of specialized abilities.
At the first level, Fighter must choose one of the six fighting styles:
- Archery - receives +2 bonus for ranged weapon hits;
- Defense - grants 1+ bonus to armor class when wearing armor;
- Dueling - the character inflicts additional damage when holding a one-handed weapon;
- Great Weapon Fighting – gives a bonus when using two-handed weapons and allows poor results during rolls to be transformed into damage;
- Protection – unlocks an ability that reduces the chances of enemies hitting an ally standing nearby;
- Two-Weapon Fighting - increases the damage inflicted by the weapon held in the other hand.
Baldur's Gate 3 features two different character classes that can be chosen after reaching the third level of the character:
- Battlemaster - this specialization allows you to perform special maneuvers, such as disarming, overpowering an opponent, or parrying an attack. These actions utilize a resource called Superior Dice.
- Eldritch Knight - a warrior who wields limited magic. A character with this specialty has access to some of the Wizard's spells. Choosing this specialization will also unlock Weapon Bond, an ability enabling you to bond to the weapon of choice. The bond will make it possible to summon a lost weapon back to you.