As it was mentioned several times in this guide, the Atlas game uses a simple yet customizable character development system known from RPG games. The character accumulates experience points and advances to higher levels, gaining points to develop stats and unlock new abilities. In this chapter you will find the descriptions of all of the character stats, as well as every skill tree available in the game.
The player character is described by a number of different stats that define its effectiveness. Those are:
- Health - health points of the character. The higher the value, the more durable the character will be. When those points fall down to 0, the character will die and will need to be respawned.
- Stamina - the overall durability of the character, used to perform most of the activities in game. Once it is depleted, you will need to wait for the character to rest in order to perform attacks and jumps, as well as sprint and move efficiently underwater.
- Food - shows the satiation of the character. Once it drops to 0, the character will receive damage until the hunger is satisfied.
- Water - shows the hydration of the character. Similarly to hunger, dropping it down to 0 causes the character to receive damage.
- Oxygen - shows the amount of oxygen the character has. Used when diving underwater.
- Fortitude - character resistance to extreme (low and high) temperatures.
- Intelligence - it influences the speed in which the items are created and their bonus stats, as well as shortens the cooldown of abilities.
- Weight - the carry weight of the character. After exceeding this value, the character will not be able to sprint or jump.
With each level-up the player can increase one of those stats, increasing them. Their development should depend on the player's game style - focused on PvE or PvP. Generally speaking you should invest several points into Stamina, Weight, Intelligence and put the rest of the points into Health to increase the durability of the character.
In the Atlas game there are over 300 different abilities that the player can unlock during the game. The abilities are divided into the following groups:
- Survivalism - contains the most basic abilities that are unlocked during the first hours of the game. A large portion of skills here unlock access to other skill trees.
- Construction & Mercantilism - a group of skills that unlock access to constructions from Thatch, Wood and Stone, as well as better quality tools.
- Beast mastery - a group of skills associated with taming creatures and increasing their effectiveness.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat - a group of skills focusing around increasing the effectiveness of the character in melee combat using bare fists.
- Melee Weaponry - a group of skills that unlock access to more melee weapons, as well as increasing the effectiveness of the character in melee combat.
- Archery & Throwing Weapons - a group of skills containing ranged weapons, such as bows and spears, as well as abilities increasing their overall effectiveness.
- Firearms - a group of skills focused around firearms, pistols and rifles, as well as increasing their effectiveness.
- Armory - a group of skills allowing one to unlock more advanced types of armors and shields, as well as skills increasing their overall effectiveness.
- Medicine - a group of skills that unlock access to more medicines and increasing the character proficiency in using them.
- Artillery - a group of skills allowing the player to create heavy weapons, such as cannons, ballista, catapults and mortars, as well as exploding barrels.
- Seamanship - a group of skills focused around creating ship parts and ships itself.
- Captaineering - a group of skills that allow one to become a captain. Here you can find skills that will allow you to manage crew on the ship.
- Cooking & Farming - a group of skills allowing you to create more advanced meals, as well as farm vegetables.
- Music & Dance - a group of skills allowing the player to create music instruments, increase the effects of music and decrease the amount of stamina used during performances.
- Piracy - a group of skills allowing the player to create pirate items, as well as to increase the effectiveness of the ship against units of the Army of the Damned.