The following guide to the Atlas game is a compendium about this difficult and complex production, thanks to which every player starting his/her adventure in Freeport will find answers for the most bothering questions. The guide starts with starting tips and the descriptions of basic gameplay mechanics, where each player will find the information needed to begin the game. Here you can find, among others, the explanation of hunting, equipment and carry weight mechanics, as well as information about the stats and abilities available in the game, coupled with the recommended development path.
The guide includes an extensive FAQ section, where players can find answers and solutions to the most difficult problems awaiting for the inexperienced player - methods of accumulating water, the most effective character development, leaving the Freeport starting location or the methods of acquiring the first tools. Here you can also find a chapter devoted to improving the performance of the game. The guide closes with the Annex section, where you can find information about the system requirements and whether your PC will be able to run the game smoothly, as well as a table presenting all of the controls used on the PC and Xbox One versions of the game.
Atlas is an extremely ambitious pirate MMO game, created by the co-developers of ARK: Survival Evolved, allowing up to 40,000 players to play on a single, gigantic map. The Atlas allows the players to explore a vast world of thousands of square kilometers, where you can find geographically diverse - both in terms of climate, as well as flora and fauna - islands. The game lets players to build their own fortresses and ships, conquer territories and join companies, atlas guild counterparts. The action takes place from the first and third perspective and players can only play on multiplayer servers, both in PvE and PvP modes.
Before starting your adventure with Atlas, we recommend looking through basic tips for the start. They will allow you to painlessly enter the world of this massive and difficult title, explaining the most important mechanics governing the gameplay. Here you can find, among others, the information on how to collect resources more effectively or how not to get into a dangerous situation.
The tips for the start are as follows:
- Monitor the needs of the character. The bars representing the needs can be found in the lower right corner of the screen. There you will find the information about the thirst and the hunger (as well as the vitamin demand), the health bar, weight limit, as well as the general stamina of the character. You should monitor all of those needs and with the case of three of them - hunger, thirst and health - never let them reach 0.
- Do not attack animals if your character is not well equipped. Before you start hunting more powerful creatures, you should create cloth armor (Cloth Hat, Cloth Shirt, Cloth Gloves, Cloth Pants and Cloth Boots), as well as a Spear (or multiple Spears). Detailed information about the process of creation, as well as other useful tips concerning the starting equipment can be found in the "Items you should create as early as possible" chapter of this guide.
- Think twice before attacking a creature. Attacking a creature belonging to a herd can (and in most cases will) attract the attention of other enemies. However, creatures marked as "Alpha" are the bigger problem here. Those are basically more powerful versions of the regular creatures, dozens of times stronger and more durable and capable of taking out an unprepared character in seconds. Killing those enemies is dangerous and time-consuming, but definitely worth the effort - taking out one of them will advance your character by several levels.
- Creature tools to be more effective at gathering resources. Hitting trees with bare hands might work in Minecraft, but here it will cause your hero to lose health with each strike, not to mention a puny amount of resources will be gathered in the process. This is precisely why you should create at least the most basic tools as quickly as possible.
- Take care of your equipment. Constant use of tools and/or weapons causes them to deteriorate - this is represented by a "health bar" of a given item/weapon. Once that bar is emptied, some of the items will be broken and gone forever, whereas some will simply be unusable. Most of the items in the game can easily be repaired - all you need to do is to click with the RMB on the item and select the Repair option from the list.
- Invest in proper abilities. Properly planned character development might significantly facilitate the first hours of the game. More info on the topic can be found in the "How to develop your character?" chapter of this guide.
- Take care of your ship. You should take good care of the ship, monitor its condition all the time and repair all kinds of damages done to it both during the voyages and encounters with other players. Additionally, remember that each ship in the game has a weight limit - putting too much stuff on board might cause the entire vessel to sink!
- Do not overeat. If the character eats too much, he/she will lose health points as well. Consuming too much of a given vitamin is also a problem. For instance, eating too many fruits will cause the screen to be tinted in green, severely reducing your visibility and the ability to navigate. Vitamin bars can be found at the bottom right corner of the screen.
Here are the chapters describing the basic mechanics governing the gameplay. Here you will find, among other things, an explanation of the hunting, equipment and carry weight systems, as well as the information about the character stats and abilities available in the game, along with the recommended character development path.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The FAQ section of the guide, in which we answer any questions that may arise during your adventure with the Atlas game. From here you will learn how to increase the efficiency of obtaining crafting materials, how to successfully develop your character, what to do in order to develop your character past level 8 or how to get out of the starting location, Freeport.
The part closing the guide, in which you will find the description of controls for both the PC and the Xbox One versions of the game, as well as the hardware requirements for all available platforms.
About ATLAS Guide and Tips
Author : Jakub "jbugielski" Bugielski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Jakub "jbugielski" Bugielski
last update : February 23, 2019
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
ATLAS Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Grapeshot Games
- publisher: Grapeshot Games
- platform: PC, XONE
Pirate MMO, which was created by developers of ARK: Survival Evolved. The game was announced at The Game Awards in December 2018, but its first trailer leaked into the web almost six months earlier.
ATLAS is an extremely ambitious pirate MMO that allows 40,000 people to play at the same time. Together they travel through a huge map of the world, showing tropical archipelagos, cities, ancient ruins. Adventure from creating your own character, using dozens of options offered. We start the game modestly, recruiting the crew (also controlled by AI), collecting resources and building the first ship. Over time, we can gain control over a small territory, and then fight for influence with other pirate teams, loot their treasures and gain forts. The action is observed from the first and third person perspective. The game offers an extensive hand-to-hand combat system, hundreds of unlockable skills, dozens of weapons and beasts, including dragons and powerful crackers. The title supports fashion and allows you to host your own servers with unique gameplay rules.