Energy, or power, in Astroneer, is closely related to the operation of various objects. The majority of them needs power to work. This applies to objects such as Printers, Storage, and even vehicles. In a nutshell - without energy, your base has no chance of functioning properly. On this page, you will learn how to charge objects and vehicles, as well as how to get energy in Astroneer.
How to charge objects and vehicles?
Charging objects is very simple. Simply move a cable from the power source to the object that you want to charge- the connection is made through the red contacts placed on the tethers and objects. The energy source available from the start is your main base, but there are other objects that produce energy (more on that below). Remember that most objects must first be installed on the appropriate platform, otherwise, you will not be able to connect power to them.
How to get energy?
You will quickly learn that the energy from your base is not enough. Because of that, you should know how to produce it. Below you will find all the objects that produce energy along with a description of the action and the number of units of energy:
- Small Solar Panel - receives energy from sunlight (0.5 per second).
- Medium Solar Panel - receives energy from the sun's rays (2 per second).
- Solar Array - extracts energy from sunlight (8 per second).
- Small Wind Turbine - receives energy from the wind (0.5 per second).
- Medium Wind Turbine - receives energy from the wind (1 per second).
- Small Generator - requires Organic resource to work. One resource provides 100 units of energy.
- Medium Generator - requires Carbon to work. One resource provides 300 units of energy.
- RTG - provides constant power in the form of 4 units of energy per second.