Hunters are incredibly powerful in Assassin's Creed Odyssey. At the end of the game, a well-developed character can deal more than 1 million damage with a headshot. This chapter contains step-by-step tips that will help you build, in my opinion, the most powerful class in the game.
- Step one - Get Artemis's set
- Step two - Choose the right weapon
- Step three - Choosing engravings
- Step four - Choosing abilities
- How to play as a Hunter in Assassin's Creed Odyssey?
Step one - Get Artemis's set
Getting Artemis's set is the absolutely essential for this build. You can get the items by killing legendary beasts. This series of quests can be started in Phokis - start "Daughters of Artemis" side quest (Daphnae is the quest giver). You have to kill:
- Kalydonian Boar in Phokis (around level 13),
- Hind of Kyreneia in Eubea (around level 16),
- The Nemean Lion in Argolis (around level 22),
- The Erymanthian Boar in Elis (around level 36),
- Constellation of Kalisto in Arkadia (around level 36),
- The Kretan Bull in Messara (around level 34),
- The Krokottas Hyena on Kythera Island (around level 39),
- The Lykaon Wolf in Lakonia (around level 36).
Go back to Daphnae every time you kill a legendary beast and give her the skins. Complete all the hunts to have legendary set of Artemis which can greatly increase bow damage.
Equip all the pieces of armor - even at this step your damage will be increased dramatically.
Step two - Choose the right weapon
All right - our character is wearing the Artemis set, however, we still have to get the right weapon. Below we have listed a few choices:
- Achilles's Bow - This bow has an engraving that gives you +20% damage with Devastating Shot ability. Very useful since you will use this ability all the time. Defeat Medea the Marksman to receive this bow. This enemy is at level 21 which means that you can easily find this mercenary, kill and get the bow.
- Eros's Bow - This bow has a great engraving that gives you +50% chance to keep special arrows after using them. You can get Eros's Bow in Messenia - go to the Andania Mine.
- Vine Bow - This bow has a unique engraving that gives you +25% Hunter damage but it lowers your armor by -15%. Sadly - to get this bow you need to visit Oikos of the Olympians and either buy it with Helix points or get it in Olympian Gifts.
The game features more legendary bows, i.e. Hades Bow, Paris Bow, Artemis's Bow etc. However, they are worse than the three weapons listed above - Achilles's Bow is easy to obtain. You can use this weapon until the end of the game. It will only require a few upgrades.
As for melee weapons, getting +% to Hunter damage is your priority. You can even use epic weapons as long as they increase the base damage. Ideally, you should look for a weapon that also increases headshot damage.
The game has a weapon called Falx of Olympos - it has been sunk in Palace of Amphitrite along with the ship. Check the picture above to learn its location. Reach that place, dive and look for the chest. Falx has an engraving that gives you +100% damage but your maximum health gets capped to 25%. Using this weapon/engraving longer isn't a good idea, however, it will allow you to deal massive damage.
Step three - Choosing engravings
Time to visit a blacksmith and choose the best engravings. We recommend the following upgrades:
- Those that increase damage done with Devastating Shot ability,
- Those that increase headshot damage,
- Those that give +% damage to all abilities,
- Those that increase your base Hunter damage.
Personally, we don't recommend investing in increased chance for dealing critical damage - headshots have a separate multiplier so it is better to focus on engravings that increase your overall damage.
Step four - Choosing abilities
Overall, you have to focus on the following skills:
- Devastating Shot - an absolute must-have. This is your most powerful ability. A fully charged shot can deal more than 1 million damage.
- Slow Time - a extremely powerful ability. Time slows down and, for a brief moment (up to 10 seconds) you are able to shoot your enemies in the heads. A great ability when, i.e. you want to fully charge your adrenaline bar by scoring headshots.
- Sixth Sense - this ability has a passive bonus that increases your Hunter damage by 200% when enemies spot you.
- Archery Master - another ability that has a passive bonus to damage.
- Overpower Bow Strike/Rain of Destruction - these abilities are perfect for eliminating weaker enemies when, i.e. they surround you.
- Second Wind - you should always have this ability in your active abilities. Hunters are vulnerable to damage.
- Battlecry of Ares - great ability. Increases your damage by 50% for 20 seconds. Perfect skill for more challenging fights.
How to play as a Hunter in Assassin's Creed Odyssey?
The hunter build is incredibly powerful and it allows you to kill enemies at much higher levels than yours. The most important thing to do is to get the right equipment because you will rely mainly on Devastating Shot and Rain of Destruction abilities. You also must rely on death arrows - they will further increase your damage.