Assassin's Creed Odyssey offers many different ways to spend money in microtransactions. In this section, you will learn whether spending real money on microtransactions is a good move and if it's possible to finish the game comfortably without relying on microtransactions.
In our opinion, it is not worth relying on any microtransactions. You can finish the game without them. The only advantage of microtransactions is that they can reduce the amount of time needed to complete the main plot of the game. We are talking about a permanent XP booster, which allows you to accumulate more experience points.
Micro-transactions do not offer powerful items that would beat all "free" items with statistics (found/received in the game world or bought from blacksmiths' drachmae). It is also not worth buying gold or raw materials in the game shop. Their sets are very expensive in terms of the number of drachmas or materials they receive.
If you want to play the game without worrying about micro-transactions, it is worth remembering the following things:
- Discover locations and perform side quests from the regions you visit in the main story. This will allow you to develop your character faster and reduce the risk that he or she will be too weak to play the next main task.
- Disassemble all common items (including blue and purple if necessary), and plunder all stock chests found in enemy locations. This will guarantee you the acquisition of large quantities of raw materials.
- Finding the most valuable items from the game world is best done only after you've risen to level 50. You will not have to spend huge amounts of raw materials on their continuous improvement. Some unique items are located in strictly defined chests in the game world.
- Investigate all questions appearing on the map. When you get close to a location, you don't have to pass it immediately (i.e. accomplish the related goals). You can also decide to study only the most "valuable" ones, i.e. forts, tombs, or places with ostraca and ancient tablets.
- You can obtain large quantities of gold primarily by selling all unnecessary blue and purple items. For a single piece of equipment, you can get from a dealer even several thousand drachmae. In the final phase of the game, you should have from several hundred thousand to even several million drachmas. This is a ridiculously great amount of gold. This allows you to buy any item from any merchant.
- When selecting quests, check the prizes for their completion in the logbook. It's worth completing the tasks that offer a lot of gold and experience in the first place (golden icons in the prize section in the logbook).