This guide and walkthrough for The Ascent is an extensive compendium of knowledge about this isometric shooter with RPG elements. Our starting tips will quickly introduce you to this cyberpunk world. Here you will learn how to effectively fight with opponents, how to move around the map, or how to develop a character. We also did not forget about describing the hacking system and explaining the types of damage available in the game. We have also included information about all bosses in The Ascent and ways to defeat them.
The FAQ section is another important part of our guide to The Ascent. There, we explain the problems that may appear during the game. How to heal a character, which skills are best, how to change their appearance, how to quickly earn credits and experience, or how to travel quickly - these are just a few examples from that chapter. The guide ends with information about the controls and system requirements.
- The Ascent: Quick beginner's guide
- The Ascent: Basics
- The Ascent: FAQ
- The Ascent: Bosses
- The Ascent: PC system requirements
- The Ascent: Hardware platforms and release dates
- The Ascent: Co-op
The Ascent: Quick beginner's guide
Before you start playing, check out our quick beginner's guide. They will help you to understand the basics of The Ascent.
- Be on the move at all times. Staying too long in one place can end with you being surrounded by opponents and, possibly, dead. You have to constantly run around the battlefield and avoid enemy attacks - remember that you will be attacked from a distance and close range.
- Raise your weapon to hit opponents behind covers or standing at higher levels. The game has a mechanic that lets you raise your weapon. After pressing the appropriate button, your character will aim the weapon higher. Thanks to this, you will be able to kill opponents standing, for example, on the stairs or hiding behind covers. In addition, you can use covers to protect your character. Just crouch behind a wall, a vehicle, or any other object, and if you want to shoot the enemy, you will raise the weapon above the cover.
- Ammo is infinite. You do not have to worry that ammunition will run out - it is unlimited. Remember, however, that you must reload the weapon - this takes a moment. If there are a lot of enemies around, it is better to change the weapon to another one instead of reloading the one you are currently using.
- Healing items fall out of enemies and vending machines. Continuous fight will make your character's health to constantly fall. So you have to constantly look for healing items, that is, red vials and crates. They fall out of the killed enemies. You can also buy them in some vending machines by spending a certain number of credits.
You can find more tips on a separate page - Beginner's guide.
The Ascent: Basics
This chapter of the guide to The Ascent focuses on the most important aspects of the game. First of all, you will find here a lot of starting tips that will facilitate your first hours of fun. In addition, you will learn how to fight, hack and develop the character. You'll also learn the types of damage.
- Character development
- Types of damage
The Ascent: FAQ
The FAQ section is an extension of the basics section of The Ascent. There we answer questions that may arise during the game. Here you will learn what skills are best, how to quickly earn credits and experience, or how to heal.
- Healing - how to heal?
- Character appearance - how to change?
- Resetting skills - is it possible?
- Access denied/blocked access - what to do?
- Fast travel - is it available?
- Mission objective - how to find?
- Raising weapons and covers - how do they work?
- Ammo - is it limited?
- Experience - how to earn?
- Languages - how to change?
- Weapons - how to upgrade?
- Skills - which are the best?
- Credits - how to earn?
- Melee attacks - are they available?
- Death - what are the consequences?
- Co-op mode - how does it work?
- Enemy with a shield - how to defeat?
The Ascent: Bosses
In the game, you will meet bosses - special opponents with more health and strong skills. They are the most difficult enemies in The Ascent. The chapter dedicated to them will help you defeat all the bosses.
The Ascent: PC system requirements
Minimum requirements of The Ascent:
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 / AMD FX-8350 (or better)
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon R9 390X (or better)
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64 bits)
- Disk space: 35 GB
Recommended requirements of The Ascent:
- Processor: Intel Core i9-9900k / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X (or better)
- RAM: 16 GB
- Graphics card: GeForce RTX 2080 / Radeon RX 6800 XT (or better)
- Operating System: Windows 10 (64 bits)
- Disk space: 35 GB
The Ascent: Hardware platforms and release dates
The Ascent is available on the following system platforms:
- Xbox Series X
- Xbox Series S
- Xbox One
The game will be released on July 29, 2021.
The Ascent: Co-op
The Ascent has a co-op mode. The campaign can be played by up to four players simultaneously - over the network or locally on a shared screen.
About The Ascent Guide
Author : Radoslaw "Wacha" Wasik for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : July 29, 2021
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
The Ascent Video Game
- genre: RPG
- developer: Neon Giant
- publisher: Curve Digital
- platform: PC, XONE, XSX
More About The Ascent
The northern hemisphere is starting to melt in the summer heat, but that's not due to hot video games coming. We're officially entering the cucumber season! While there aren't crazy many games launching this month, there's a few interesting premieres.
Lovers of chopping and slashing hordes of monsters have so far been grouped mainly around two games: Diablo III and Path of Exile. The upcoming contenders for the throne of hack'n'slash will try to change this balance of power.
What's so romantic about dystopias ruled by greedy corporations; about neon colours, societies dependent on technology, and philosophical considerations regarding the nature of the individual? This selection of cyberpunk games may answer this question.