The Trial of Gawnes is one of the four trials you have to complete in the Tombs of the Legionnaires, one of the locations in Anthem. Read this page to learn how to complete the Trial of Gawnes.
How does the Trial of Gawnes work?
- Keep doing main missions until you start Tombs of the Legionnaires. Meet with Faye - she will explain to you how to access the four tombs.
- Complete Trial of Gawnes to get access to The Tomb of Gawnes. The tombs can be explored in any order.
- A new type of trials was added to your journal. Go to Expeditions and Freeplay tabs. Choose Trial of Gawnes (see the picture above).
- Challenges can be completed in any order - you can, e.g. go to Freeplay mode, start an Agent Mission or visit a Stronghold. You can play alone or with other players.
- Once all challenges are complete, to the Tomb of Gawnes and explore it. This place is marked on your map. The walkthrough for this tomb is on one of the pages in this guide.
- Complete all challenges to receive 2,000 gold.
List of the Trial of Gawnes challenges
1) Defeat 50 enemies using melee attacks. This challenge isn't difficult. Choose weakest enemies - some of them may die from a single melee attack. As for stronger enemies, deplete their health bar to a certain level or weaken them (e.g. by freezing like in the picture above) before you finish these enemies with a melee attack.
2) Defeat 50 enemies using an Ultimate skill. Ultimate skill is the most powerful ability of your Javelin. Every Javelin has a default Ultimate. These skills have the longest cooldown. Instead of attacking powerful bosses or single elite enemies, you should look for groups of weaker enemies.
3) Defeat 3 legendary enemies. You can face legendary enemies during missions or in the Freeplay mode. You can recognize these enemies by having Legendary in their name and by the skull icon above their head - see the picture above. Use all your abilities (including Ultimate ability) to eliminate them faster.