On this page of the Anthem game guide, you will find the description of the Colossus class. The Colossus is one of the four main classes of Javelins (exosuits). From our description, you will be able to learn about the general applications of the Colossus class and about the elements of this suit that make it stand out from the rest of the classes.
The description of the Colossus class is a work in progress. This section will be expanded in the near future to also include suggested builds for this particular class.
- Who is the Colossus class for?
- Which skills and abilities has the Colossus?
- Example builds
- A medium range build
Who is the Colossus class for?
The Colossus class is the equivalent of a tank, that can draw the attention of nearby enemies and withstand a lot of pressure due to high durability and endurance.
- While playing the Colossus you can rely not just on durable armour, but also superior weaponry. This class can utilize heavy ordnance which is otherwise unavailable to any of the other classes.
- The Colossus excels at attacking large groups of enemies, be it by using the heavy weaponry mentioned previously, or by making use of its various abilities.
- The Colossus class is, for obvious reasons, the least mobile class and is far behind the other Javelins in this respect. Unlike in the case of other classes, you cannot use dodges at all. Instead, your defensive tactics require you to use a shield, which is a piece of equipment that every Colossus has.
Which skills and abilities has the Colossus?
Most important characteristics of Colossus:
- Long jump after holding down the jump key,
- It has no shield, but it has a handheld shield of great strength (it can also be used for attacking),
- The highest number of health points, after the use of appropriate components,
- Unique weapons: autocannon and grenade launcher,
- This class can be played together with others or you can effectively play on your own.
Ordnance Launcher Gear is a set of additional skills that you will find under the "Q" key. There are five skills (based on electricity, fire or combo explosions), which are mainly focused on area of effect attacks.
Heavy Assault Launcher Gear - these skills are triggered under the E key. You'll also find five abilities here, which, unlike the shoulder launcher, are targeted at short range damage against single targets.
Support Gear - Colossus has only two support skills: Shield Impulse that reduces the damage received by you and nearby allies by 1/3; Battle Cry - distract attention of nearby enemies to attack Colossus only.
The Colossus doesn't have the ability to give effects other than the basic elements and their triggering, so it's a good idea to select skills that work together in a certain way to achieve a combo.
Ultimate ability - a special skill of the Colossus is a Siege Cannon, which has great power and great area of destruction. You have a certain amount of time to shoot its 3 charges. This weapon is perfect for fighting bosses as well as attacking large groups of enemies. It also triggers the Combo. Remember to activate this ability in the air - unit it is active you do not fall to the ground (and during its operation you are immortal), but you have a much larger field of vision and it is easier to shoot.
Thanks to its abilities, the colossus is suitable for many activities. It is also quite easy to use, but a bit slow. You can use it to play on your own or in the team, but apart from firing at the enemy and helping in the completion of combos, it will be hard to help the team otherwise.
Melee and close-contact build (focused on combo and melee combat)
This build is aimed primarily to people who like to push themselves into the middle of the battlefield and make a lot of confusion among enemies. In order to do this, you mainly use your shield, weapons of close contact (it can be autocannon or e.g. semi-auto shotgun), and specific skills.
- Tip 1: using the autocannon, it is worth to use the $ component - then you have more shots in the magazine and you reload your weapon more slowly (which takes a long time);
- Tip 2: autocannons are divided to two types - those that need to be loaded before they start shooting (e.g. Mauler) and those that shoot immediately after pressing the trigger (Cloudburst). The latter, however, have less ammunition.
Heavy Assault Launcher Gear -it is worth to choose Flame Thrower - it is perfect for close combat. Enemies are easily set on fire and lose their health, so they are also susceptible to combo, which can be triggered from air. The flame thrower works as long as you hold down the attack key.
As a second skill (Ordnance Launcher Gear) it's worth choosing Lightning Coil (but don't confuse it with Shock Coil). Why? After activating the lightning coil, you strongly electrify individual enemies in front of you, but you don't have to hold the key - another 10 charges are released automatically and they target at the enemies automatically. Important: this ability also works while using shield. In addition, the lightning coil can activate combo - this way you can use the thrower and coil to create a "combo-generator".
Supporting Gear - it doesn't matter which skill you choose. Shield Pulse in this configuration is much better.
Components - practically the most important section of settings.
- It's best if all javelin components will strongly strengthen the armor (mainly Structural Reinforcement component).
- Key to this build is Heavy Shield Reinforcement - the average opponent who gets hit by a shield by a running Colossus dies instantly (at a medium level) due to triple damage; in addition, you will perfectly knock down enemies by exposing them for your allies.
- Also use the Overclocked Regulator for this build - it strengthens fire and electricity damage by 35% - abilities used by this javelin.
- Finally, an Emblem of Destruction - enemies treated simultaneously with both abilities will take terrible damage, increased by combo value, which deals 50% more damage thanks to the component.
- You can also use Special Arms Ammo which increases the damage dealt with Autocannons and Grenade Launchers by 30%. This is a huge bonus for Autocannons with high RPM.
A medium range build
This second Colossus build focuses on fights at a medium distance - you have a better view at what is happening on the battlefield, you are able to move around the arena with greater ease, you can support your allies, and have opportunities to perform combos.
Weapons - you can use Sniper Rifles (e.g. a single-shot Devastator or other models with increased fire rate) and LMGs which are perfect for fights at a medium and short distance.
Heavy Assault Launcher - choose either Railgun or Siege Artillery. Both abilities deal damage at a long distance. The projectiles are incredibly fast meaning that enemies won't be able to dodge them. Railgun deals more damage and has higher armor penetration. However, it damages only a single target and it requires reloading. Siege Artillery deals damage on a certain area and it can trigger a combo.
Ordnance Launcher - Firewall Mortar is great for attacking enemies at a distance. Don't ignore the power that this attack offers - fire caused by this weapon sets enemies on fire (those less intelligent won't even move away from that spot). This ability is great when you have to defend a spot. Also, it allows you to trigger a powerful combo.
Support Gear - you can stick with Shield Pulse which is more efficient for you and your teammates.
Components - this set differs slightly from the one presented earlier.
- You rely more on weapons in this build - more ammo, especially for a Sniper Rifle, is crucial. Select Colossal Storage Augment (+35% of base ammo capacity).
- Overclocked Regulator increases fire (and electricity) damage by 35%. This will be very useful when you decide to use Firewall Mortar.
- Choose other components accordingly to your needs or you can follow our suggestions for the first build - Heavy Shield Reinforcement, Structural Reinforcement or Colossus Combo Augment.