Anthem is a game clearly focused on exploring the world and completing missions in cooperation with other players, although playing solo is also possible to a limited extent. On this page of the guide, you'll find out how you can play alone, and when you have to play with others.
The page is still in progress. A full list of single player activities will be added in nearest future.
In order to play alone, during the preparation for the expedition, you have to go to the Squad tab and select a Private Expedition.
The solo game is possible in:
- Story missions - However you can have some difficulties dealing with bosses or groups of enemies while playing alone. You'll also miss the chance to get a better loot or gain additional experience points for working in the team.
- Agent Missions - it's just a fancy name for side quests. These markers will appear on the map of the Tarsis Fort as you progress through the game.
- Contracts - You can complete them alone; both regular and legendary ones.
Playing solo is unavailable in the following modes:
- Strongholds -This mode places great emphasis on cooperation between players, as it is more challenging than standard missions.
- Freeplay - Other players will appear on the map. You don't have to approach or help them, but completing World Events in a group will be much easier.
Even if you set up a private mode before, you'll be forced to enter a public session. Unless you invite friends to play or join a session of someone from a friend's list, the game will switch to matchmaking and connect you with randomly selected players.