The ability to fly is one of the main attractions of the Anthem. Thanks to it, you can move faster and attack enemies more efficiently. Javelin engines, unfortunately, gradually heat up during the flight and then overheat. On this page, you'll find 5 universal methods to stay longer in the air in Anthem. You can use these techniques from the very beginning of the game.
The first way to protect the thrusters from overheating is to free fall during the flight. It's a good idea if you aren't in a hurry and if you're at a high altitude. This will allow you to fly a considerable distance without having to start the engines.
The second technique is to fly at the low altitude above the water, thanks to which the thrusters can be cooled down. Use this method if you explore areas with rivers or water reservoirs.
The third method allows you to cool down thrusters immediately - you have to fly through a waterfall. It's worth looking for waterfalls during expeditions and fly to them if they are not very far from you.
The fourth technique is the most "extreme" - you have to fall into the water and resurface. You can swim with the Javelin without any problems, but to save time, resurface right after you cool down the thrusters.
The fifth method is rather unusual - you have to "cheat" the game by switching between different functions (states) of your Javelin. You have to:
- While flying, press the melee button and then follow it immediately with Dash.
- Press the hover button and follow it immediately with Dash.
Both methods allow you to extend the flight time by a few seconds, but they require you to press various buttons repeatedly.
Additionally, remember about a few things that can affect the "life span" of thrusters:
- Don't travel at maximum speed all the time (maximum string after tilting the left analog up).
- Floating in one place can also overheat the thrusters, but slower. Look for highly located rock shelves in the area and consider landing on it.
- Thrusters can also heat up when the character is on the ground and sprints or is in an area where the temperature is high. Pay attention to these things, because in a critical situation you may not be able to rise.