The following page of Anno 1800 game guide provides tips on how to improve city attractiveness.
How to increase City Attractiveness in Anno 1800?
One should keep in mind that City Attractiveness is defined by culture, nature, festivity, vulgarity, pollution and instability.
- Culture - in order to increase this factor, you need to bring new species of animals and exotic artifacts from your expeditions. You can also construct objects that will make the area more attractive.
- Nature - Make sure that your city is covered with greenery and there are many natural monuments. In other words, don't forget about nature in this industrial madness.
- Festivity - in order to increase this factor, you will need majority support of your society. Take care of your dwellers' needs, and construct community buildings, and your settlers will organize parades in your honor.
- Vulgarity - Building many military facilities or keeping ruins of destroyed objects will affect city attractiveness in a negative way.
- Pollution - Industrial buildings will generate pollution, which eventually affects happiness of dwellers and tourists. In order to minimize its negative effects, you can relocate some of your factories to nearby islands.
- Instability - Wars and protests will also affect your city in a negative way. Try to deal with conflicts quickly and avoid unpleasant incidents.