Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is a mix between an adventure game and a survival horror. You will take up the role of Oswald Mandus who is an entrepreneur. In 1899, he wakes up in his residence with amnesia and a vague recollection of some sort of a machine. This guide provides a complete walkthrough for the game, including whereabouts of all collectibles.
This text has been color-coded in the following manner:
- Green - storyline items,
- Brown - journal updates,
- Italics - journal entries, journal notes and other pieces of text in the game,
-  - references to screenshots.
- It is very dark in the game, so don't be surprised if you cannot see everything.
- During the game, the shape of the pointer changes only when you can pick up, move or use an object. At appropriate moments, the game will display hints, so take look at the upper part of the screen, if you are lost.
- Storyline items are highlighted by default, but you can change it the menu options.
- Remember that you cannot hold an item in your hand and open door at the same time. Sometimes, you will have to drop what you are holding to open a passage.
- Locations in the game are quite small. If you get lost, walk around the rooms and you will definitely find out where you are.
- The game is quite linear and the majority of doors and wardrobes are shut, so you shouldn't have any problems picking the correct route.
- The majority of puzzles can be solved by checking out your journal that you access by pressing J. Hints you find there should be helpful, even if they are a bit unclear.
- The lantern can attract monsters, so remember to turn it off occasionally, by pressing F.
- Blinking lantern is a signal that there is a threat nearby (malfunctioning lantern on the wall, electric discharges or monster)
- Before you die, you can withstand several blows (seven from weaker enemies and three from the strongest ones). Do not worry if you have taken one or two hits. The only effect will be darkening your vision.
- You can heal your character in the same way as in FPS games. Hide and wait until you regain your health.
- Do not worry if you will have to reload the saved game. You will be starting only a bit earlier.
Lukasz "Salantor" Pilarski (www.gamepressure.com)
About Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Game Guide
Author : Lukasz "Salantor" Pilarski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Slawomir "rattchen" Niejadlik
last update : October 02, 2017
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs Video Game
- genre: Adventure
- developer: The Chinese Room
- publisher: Frictional Games
- platform: PC
- rated: +17
A second entry in the adventure horror game series Amnesia. It has been created by the dev team at The Chinese Room and supervised by Frictional Games studio (creators of the original Amnesia: The Dark Descent). The Story of Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs focuses on the eponymous device; set in 1899, it puts players in the role of Oswald Mandus, a businessman who fell in a coma for a few months and lost his memories due to mysterious illness. When he wakes up, he discovers that the rest of occupants had disappeared, and a strange machine noise can be heard from below. We experience the game from an FPP view, which creates a feeling of true fear in conjunction with engrossing story and climatic audiovisuals.
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Core i5 2.6 GHz, 4 GB RAM, graphic card 1024 MB (GeForce GTX 460 or better), 5 GB HDD, Windows Vista/7/8