Age of Empires 4 Guide
Deus Vult Age of Empires 4 guide contains a full walkthrough, Beginner's Guide, locations and best tips for combat, army and settlement development. We describe all civilizations, military units, resources; also controls and system requirements.
Last update: Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Our guide to Age of Empires 4 contains an extensive collection of information about the next installment of this popular series of real-time strategy games. Thanks to our guide, you will learn the basic gameplay mechanics, which will help you understand the most important elements and start the adventure with the game.
The first major section of our guide focuses on the game's basics. There, you will find the Beginner's guide. We explain how to develop settlements effectively to quickly move to the next era. With our tips, you will learn how to collect the most necessary raw materials required for buildings. We suggest how to create a strong economy, defense system, and a powerful army that will allow you to win every battle.
The Civilizations chapter is dedicated to all the factions in Age of Empires 4. On separate pages, you will learn the most important information about the 8 available civilizations including their bonuses, unique units, and technologies. We have described each Landmark and other unique buildings and systems in detail.
In the Appendix, you will find information about the system requirements and available language versions. We also explained the keybinds and the interface. The biggest chapter of our guide is the detailed walkthrough for all Campaigns. We have explained in detail the separate missions and objectives that you must complete.
- Age of Empires 4: Beginner's tips
- Age of Empires 4: All campaigns walkthroughs
- Age of Empires 4: Civilizations
- Age of Empires 4: FAQ
- Age of Empires 4: PC system requirements
- Age of Empires 4: Trophy guide
- Age of Empires 4: Available languages
Age of Empires 4: Beginner's tips
- Build walls and towers to protect your settlements and their inhabitants from enemy invasions.
- Develop your settlements by collecting resources needed to construct new buildings. The special Landmark building will allow your city to advance to the next era and unlock new buildings.
- Buildings such as Mining Camp, Lumber Camp, and Mill will allow you to store particular raw materials. Build them near gold and stone deposits, forests and farms.
- A Scout is a rider unit that will help you to quickly explore the terrains around your settlement. They are also used to gather sheep from the nearby forests.
- When producing military units, you can use the so-called Rally Point, where every new warrior will go.
You can find more tips on a separate page - Beginner's guide.
Age of Empires 4: All campaigns walkthroughs
The following pages provide a detailed walkthrough of all missions from the 4 campaigns in Age of Empires 4:
- The Battle of Hastings
- North to York
- The Fall of Bayeux
- The Battle of Tinchebray
- The Battle of Bremule
- First Battle of Lincoln
- The Siege of Wallingford
- The Siege of Dover
- The Siege of Rochester
- Second Battle of Lincoln
The Hundred Years War:
- The Combat of the Thirty
- The Siege of Paris
- France in Chaos
- The Battle of Pontvallain
- The Siege of Orleans
- The Battle of Patay
- Retake Normandy
- The Battle of Formigny
The Mongol Empire:
- The Battle of Kalka River
- The Great Wall
- The Battle of Zhongdu
- The Siege of Kiev
- The Battle of Liegnitz
- The Battle of Mohi
- The Song Fortress
- Blockade at Lumen Shan
- The Fall of Xiangyang
The Rise of Moscow
- Rebuilding Moscow
- The Battle of Kulikovo
- Hold Against the Horde
- Fall of the Novgorod Republic
- Great Stand on the Ugra River
- Moscow versus Lithuania
- The Siege of Kazan
Age of Empires 4: Civilizations
On separate pages, we have described in detail all available civilizations in Age of Empires 4. There you will find information about unique units, buildings, and bonuses for your civilization.
Age of Empires 4: FAQ
In the FAQ section, you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions about the game.
- Stone walls - how to destroy?
- Army - how to create groups?
- Sacred Site - what is it?
- Relics - what are they?
Age of Empires 4: PC system requirements
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bits
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6300U /AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: Intel HD 520 /AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 with DirectX 12 support
- Disk space: 50GB
A computer with the above specifications can run the game on the lowest settings. You can find more information on this topic on a separate page of this guide - System requirements.
Age of Empires 4: Trophy guide
All trophies are described on a separate page - Trophies/Achievements. More challenging achievements have our commentary on how to get them.
Age of Empires 4: Available languages
Among the supported languages in Age of Empires 4, you will find:
You can read more about the available languages on a separate page of this guide - Language versions.
About Age of Empires 4 Guide
Author : Olga "Hippie" Fiszer for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : October 27, 2021
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Age of Empires IV Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Relic Entertainment
- publisher: Xbox Game Studios / Microsoft Studios
- platform: PC
More About Age of Empires IV
The Best Strategy & RTS Games of 2021 - Editors' Choice
Although the golden era of strategy is gone, it does not mean that the genre has completely died. 2021 proves that fans can still find at least a few productions worth attention.
Skyrim without a console? Board games based on video games franchises
If you are reading this you must be a fan of video games, for sure. But there is also a chance that you might be a board games enthusiast (or become one after reading this). Let us see if there is a way to combine these two hobbies.