Our guide explains if and how to save the game in Plague Tale: Requiem. You will learn about automatic saves, as well as about the option of restarting sequences, for example, for to replay a failed fight or play it in a different way.
An animation in the lower right corner of the screen (we've highlighted it in the image above) informs you that your current progress is automatically saved. The game can make a save when:
- you will start a new chapter;
- you will reach a new bigger location;
- you will start a new fight;
- you got a secret - the collectibles are immediately saved and will not be lost if you close the chapter after taking the item.
Plague Tale: Requiem does not have manual saves, unfortunately. You can only use automatic saves created by the game.
Restarting a checkpoint
You can restart your current progress, for example, if you fail stealth and are detected, or if you wish to play a given fight in a different way and develop Amicia's other skills.
- For most of the game, the only option in the pause menu is Restart section. You will go back to the last auto save, such as the moment when Amicia approached the enemies.
- An additional option Restart checkpoint is also available in selected locations. It is mainly available for larger sequences of avoiding/attacking enemies. With it, you can repeat only the last part of the fight without having to play it all from the beginning.
If you go too far and skip a collectible, for example, restarting a section may not be enough. You can then use the option to return to chapters and their specific sequences. We described this in more detail on a separate page Chapter selection - is it available?.