Rats are coming! The following guide to A Plague Tale Innocence has a complete set of information necessary for completing the game, understanding its mechanics, and discovering all the secrets.
The detailed walkthrough for all 17 chapters is the most important part of the guide. You will find solutions to the puzzles, tips for exploration, or ways of defeating enemies. The walkthrough also has strategies for the bosses, including the final boss.
Another large chapter is dedicated to the secrets and collectibles. It has detailed instructions on how to get 100% of curiosities, flowers for Hugo's herbarium, and gifts for the companions.
Besides these two main chapters, we have also prepared a few smaller ones. The game guide has, e.g. information about stealth, avoiding rats or upgrading equipment. The FAQ section has answers to, e.g. using the companions, finding crafting resources, or information about any possible supernatural elements.
We have also included an appendix which has, e.g. a trophy guide with detailed descriptions of all the achievements, the game's length, controls, and PC system requirements.
- A Plague Tale Innocence: Quick beginner's tips
- A Plague Tale Innocence: Walkthrough
- A Plague Tale Innocence: Secrets and collectibles
- A Plague Tale Innocence: Game guide
- A Plague Tale Innocence: FAQ
- A Plague Tale Innocence: Game's length
- A Plague Tale Innocence: Trophies and platinum
- A Plague Tale Innocence: PC system requirements
- A Plague Tale Innocence on PS5 and Xbox Series X
A Plague Tale Innocence: Quick beginner's tips
- Stealth is key to survival. Amicia is able to eliminate some of the opponents, but this is too risky, not always available, or may require specific items. Avoiding detection is the best way to go through locations.
- Upgrading the equipment regularly is important. You will be able to, e.g. carry more items or use more powerful gadgets. All this will make the gameplay easier.
- Try to explore every location you visit. Some of them may not be accessible to Amicia again after making enough progress. The only way to visit them again will be resetting the entire chapter.
- Don't leave Hugo alone for too long. The boy will stay with the main heroine throughout the majority of the game. However, there are situations where you will have to move alone. Return to Hugo before he starts panicking out - this can alarm enemies in the area.
- Sources of light are a universal solution to your troubles with rats. You can create in various ways, e.g. by carrying a torch, setting something on fire, or lighting stationary light sources.
More tips for A Plague Tale Innocence on Beginner's guide.
A Plague Tale Innocence: Walkthrough
The campaign in A Plague Tale Innocence consists of 17 chapters - some are longer, other are shorter or serve as a break. Each stage was described on a separate page.
- Chapter 1 - Legacy of De Rune FamilyÂ
- Chapter 2 - The Strangers
- Chapter 3 - Retribution
- Chapter 4 - The Apprentice
- Chapter 5 - The Raven's Spoils
- Chapter 6 - Damaged Goods
- Chapter 7 - The Path Before Us
- Chapter 8 - Our Home
- Chapter 9 - In the Shadow of Ramparts
- Chapter 10 - The Way of Roses
- Chapter 11 - Alive
- Chapter 12 - All That Remains
- Chapter 13 - Penance
- Chapter 14 - Blood Ties
- Chapter 15 - Remembrance
- Chapter 16 - Coronation
- Chapter 17 - Epilogue
A Plague Tale Innocence: Secrets and collectibles
Secrets in A Plague Tale Innocence are divided into 3 categories - curiosities, flowers for Hugo's herbarium, and gifts. The collectibles from each of the groups are described on separate pages.
- Curiosities - there are 26 of them
- Hugo Herbarium - there are 13 of them
- Gifts for companions - there are 11 of them
A Plague Tale Innocence: Game guide
Here you will find pages dedicated to the most important gameplay mechanics. This knowledge may help you stay alive or get better at completing objectives.
A Plague Tale Innocence: FAQ
Our guide to A Plague Tale Innocence has pages with answers to frequently asked questions.
- Companions - can they help?
- Crafting resources - where to find?
- Knight from chapter 2 - how to defeat?
- The mill from chapter 7 - how to go through it?
- Chateau from chapter 7 - how to kill rats?
- Grand Inquisitor - how to defeat?
- Disturbing moments - are there any?
- Supernatural elements - are there any?
- Replaying chapters - is it possible?
A Plague Tale Innocence: Game's length
A Plague Tale Innocence is a linear game - the exploration here is limited. There are no important choices, and the game has only one ending. The game should take you between 10 to a dozen hours to complete. This depends largely on how much time you want to spend on finding secrets and collectibles, or gather crafting resources.
More information about the playtime of A Plague Tale Innocence can be found on the Game's length page.
A Plague Tale Innocence: Trophies and platinum
Our guide has a few pages dedicated to the game's trophies and achievements. You will also learn how difficult is to unlock A Plague Tale Innocence's platinum trophy.
- List of A Plague Tale achievements
- Feeding the hungry trophy
- Resource sharing trophy
- Captain Sidekick trophy
A Plague Tale Innocence: PC system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 64-bits
- Processor: Intel Core i3-2120 3.3 GHz, AMD FX-4100 X4 3.6 GHz
- Graphics card: GeForce GTX 660 with 2 GB VRAM, Radeon HD 7870 with 2 GB VRAM
- RAM: 8 GB
- Disk space: 50 GB
More information, e.g. about the recommended system requirements for A Plague Tale Innocence and its graphics options can be found on the System requirements page.
A Plague Tale Innocence on PS5 and Xbox Series X
In July, 2021, A Plague Tale Innocence has received a next-gen patch for PS5, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. The patch lets you play in 4K resolution and 60 frames per second.
More information about the new editions of A Plague Tale Innocence can be found on A Plague Tale Innocence on PS5, Xbox Series X and Switch.
About A Plague Tale Guide
Author : Agnieszka "aadamus" Adamus for gamepressure.com
Translator : Jakub "Yossarian" Nowak
last update : May 13, 2019
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
A Plague Tale: Innocence Video Game
- genre: Adventure
- developer: Asobo Studio
- publisher: Focus Home Interactive
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE
More About A Plague Tale: Innocence
The dozens of great games in your Xbox Game Pass subscription represent hundreds - even thousands - of hours you'll spend in large open worlds or smaller, story-driven RPGs. Here are the best games on Xbox Game Pass.
Death Stranding, Sekiro, Disco Elysium, Control, Resident Evil 2, Metro Exodus, this year was full of video game hits. From among them, we’ve chosen 15 titles we’ve liked the most.
Just like the movies, video games also have their moments that prove the strength of this medium. Since there have been a lot of such moments this passing year, we've decided to gather the best ones.