When exploring the world, you will be able to light a bonfire virtually at any time. It's very useful, since the bonfire allows you to:
- Control the flow of time - while at a bonfire, you can for example decide to wait until the evening, or wait out a storm. That comes especially handy when you've got a task that can be accomplished only at a specific time of day.
- Cook a meal - you don't always need to look for a pot to cook. Man meals can be prepared with just a simple bonfire. It's not the perfect solution, but it's a good alternative.
When it comes down to lighting the fire, you need to:
- Prepare the fuel - you can for example cut down some characteristic tress. Use an axe, and soon you will have all the wood you need;
- Get a flint - you can get a flint by cracking rocks or find it in a cave;
- Throw the fuel and the flint on the ground - enter the inventory and drop the wood and the flint. It's enough to strike these items with any steel weapon to light a fire. Done, the fire is now at your personal service.