The last enemy you stumble upon in the game, as well as the most powerful one. Similarly to all the psi-oriented foes, this one owes his deadly effectiveness to his psionic abilities, not normal attacks. Those psi abilities are as follows:
- Null Lance. An ability that you should be familiar with, as the Psi Operative has access to it as well. It travels in a straight, narrow line, dealing immense psi damage to everything on its way - never group your soldiers tightly when an Avatar is on the battlefield.
- Dimensional Rift. The most powerful area of effect ability in the game. It causes a huge bubble to appear, dealing damage, and after a round the bubble collapses, dealing the second portion of damage.
- Psi Fortress - an ability that renders the user immune to all psionic-induced status effects, such as panic, disorientation, mind control. This does not give any sort of resistance to psi damage.
- Regeneration. A passive ability, that restores 5 points of health each round.
- Teleport. The Avatar can teleport almost anywhere on the battlefield, without causing overwatch and reaction shots. Thanks to that, the enemy can appear literally anywhere and easily flank your soldiers.
Eliminating the enemy is your absolute top priority, which, paradoxically, his teleport ability make a lot less difficult to achieve. The enemy has a weird tendency to teleport between your units whenever he is attacked (unlike a Codex who tend to get as far as possible), allowing you to deliver a number of attacks before he goes out of the range.