120 mm cannon M58: penetration 269mm; damage 400
Hull: 254mm/76mm/38mm, turret: 203mm/127mm/70mm
Maximum speed: 37km/h, engine: 875KM
Close combat, Medium range combat, sniper, support tank
T110E5 is the last American heavy tank available in the game. It can be described in two words: M103 plus. Better armor, higher fire rate, higher maximum speed, higher acceleration and smaller silhouette. It is armed with the same cannon as M103 - 120 mm M58 and uses same maneuvers, but thanks to all small amendments, is much more dangerous opponent.
Development, equipment, crew
T110E5 from the very beginning has elite status.
- Preferred equipment: Gun/Shell Rammer, vertical stabilizer, Improved Ventilation.
- Optional equipment: Binocular Telescope, Toolbox, Camouflage Net, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive
- Skills and Perks: Sixth Sense for Commander, Repair for the rest of the tankers. Then Brothers in Arms for the whole crew. If we intend to use this tank for longer, it is worth to invest into: Snap Shot, Smooth Ride and other skills which increase our efficiency in eliminating enemy vehicles.
T110E5 has a little tougher hull than M103, but still shares all weak points with its predecessor. Weld is almost indestructible, top plate rebounds most shots and bottom plate can be penetrated by most tanks, which we encounter on battlefield. Sides and rear of the hull are weakly armored and tracks absorb most damage.
Turret of T110E5 is much smaller than the one from M103, but also more resistant. The weak point around the yoke was removed and commanderís cupola was strengthened. Despite this fact, that cupola is still the best target if we want to destroy T110E5 from the front at short distance.
Sides and rear of T110E5 are as poorly armored as ones in M103 and easy to penetrate. Locations of ammo rack and engine are standard.
How to play...
...as a driver of T110E5?
- You play with this vehicle the same way as M103.
- This tank is doing well in many different roles and can fight at all available distances: it works as a sniper, shoots well at medium distance if we protect its hull and is phenomenal in one-on-one clashes.
- Thanks to its mobility, we can easily support medium tanks or create wolfpacks with mobile heavy tanks. T110E5 has no problem in flanking main enemy forces or carry out rallies behind enemy lines.
- In the fight on medium or short distance we should always turn the turret in our enemy directions and keep moving. Thanks to that he wonít be able to shoot our weak points.
- If we are forced to stationary defensive, it is always worth to set the tank at slight angle. T110E5 has very thick tracks, which can take many hits, thus protecting us against losing HP.
- This vehicle is very vulnerable to artillery fire. If we do not have any cover, like ruins for example, we have to keep moving.
- If the enemy drives frontally to us to force us to fight at short distance, it is worth to break his tracks and then focus on him fire from several tanks. T110E5 is perfect in one-on-one fights but group of opponents attacking him from different directions is able to quickly destroy him.
- If we do not have clear advantage in HP and cannonís caliber, we do not fight alone with T110E5. This machined is designed for such clashes and easily wins most of them. If we are forced to such duel, never shoot at tracks set at the angle Ė always attack the bottom front plate.
- These vehicles are very dangerous in groups. When fighting them we have to focus on each vehicle alone and destroy it. T110E5, which escapes even with few HP left, can easily withdraw and carry out sniper fire.
- If our self-propelled guns have clear shot, they should try to hit it. Artillery shells inflict huge damage to M103, often damaging its modules and injuring the crew.