15cm KwK 44 L/38: penetration 235mm; damage 750
Hull: 200mm/130mm/150mm, turret: 250mm/150mm/150mm
Maximum speed: 30km/h, engine: 1200KM
Medium range combat, fight in close combat
E-100 is the first of two 10 tier heavy tanks available for Germans. This vehicle has even stronger armor than its predecessor and even more HP. Additionally E-100 has an access to the largest cannon, heavy tanks can use: 15cm KwK 44 L/38. Role of this tank on the battlefield varies dependently on mounted cannon: with the basic equipment it can easily shoot on the medium distance and after installing second, less accurate gun, it is forced to fight at short range. Despite high numbers on paper, E-100 has many drawbacks. It is slow, has many weak points, which can be penetrated with 8 tier guns and moth cannons available for it has low penetration. Due to these fact this tank is very difficult to drive and only best players will be able to use its advantages. Beginners should avoid this vehicle, because it will be only a source of frustration and maintaining it is like bottomless pit for our credits.
Development, equipment, crew
This tank has only one module to research: 15cm KwK 44 L/38 cannon.
- Preferred equipment: Gun/Shell Rammer, vertical stabilizer, Improved Ventilation.
- Optional equipment: Toolbox, Enhanced Gun Laying Drive
- Skills and Perks: Sixth Sense for Commander, Repair for the rest of the tankers. It is also worth to train Preventative Maintenance and clutch braking.
Frontal armor of E-100 is very irregular for a tank of this size it has many weak points. Most of the space is taken by front top plate and this is the only fragment with enough thickness: in the long run it is indestructible. Unfortunately, just below it we have bottom plate, which can be damaged by all tanks we encounter. Shooting at it at right angle, at 50 meters distance, we can count on the break through with all cannons of 200 mm penetration (or higher). Only at very short distance, the shooting angle is so high that hitting the bottom plate will result in ricocheting. Protection of this point is the main task of E-100 driver, because it is not only easiest way to damage our tank, but also every effective shot can set us on fire. When we manage to get closer to the enemy, we will notice further drawbacks of the giant: turret is not so resistant, as we thought. Cannons of 270 mm penetration can boldly shoot at front plate. Players with weaker cannons can aim at the lower part of the turret, right next to the hull even cannons of 200 mm penetration can break through this point. As a driver of E-100 we have to know how to defend against such attacks. The best method is setting the turret diagonally while reloading, which increases effective frontal armor and hinder the penetration.
Side armor of E-100 is not as thick as frontal one. The turret can be penetrated at the right angle with all 8 tier cannon. The same situation is with hull, but we have to aim more or less at its middle. Too low shot wont damage it at all and too high can ricochet on the double armor E-100 has. Setting the side at the angle makes it much harder to break through and increases chances of ricocheting.
How to play...
...as a driver of E-100?
- Although a 12,8cm KwK 44 L/55 cannon allows us to fight at medium distance, we have to remember, that our vulnerable bottom front armor is very easy to hit: so we need to hide it behind a hill or any other terrain obstacle.
- If we use 15cm KwK 44 L/38, we should fight in close combat, hiding our weak points and aiming at the weak armor of the enemy vehicle. This armor has very poor penetration and long reload time, thus each ricochet drastically decreases our chances to win.
- This tank is very vulnerable for flank attacks and few medium tanks are able to defeat it. So when selecting the place for fight we should consider locations where our weak front and sides can be protected.
- We should formerly ensure some adequate fire support. Single E-100 on the flat battlefield is very easy target to destroy.
- Since this tank is very large and slow, it is an ideal target to high tier artillery. While on battlefield, we have always to look for sheltered areas.
- A key to success is excellent knowledge of all vehicles in the game and their weak points. We must be aware which tanks are threat to us and which can be easily eliminated from the battle. In addition, good driver of E-100 must know at which point of the fight switch from defensive style to offensive one.
- The easiest method to destroy E-100 is to get rid of its support and then flank it. Alone tank is very easy target.
- When driving heavy tank and fighting frontally with it, we have to keep moving to hinder its aiming. Each misses E-100 shot equals 750 HP of our durability and several seconds to aim at its weak points.
- When attacking with medium tank we have to watch for enemy cannon. E-100 is able to destroy most of medium tanks in 2-3 shots, thus it is best to attack it while it reloads.
- Time to repair tracks in this vehicle is very long so it is quite easy to disable it. Immobilized tank is a dead tank concentrated fire of tank destroyers and artillery should quickly destroy it.