In the game there are dozens of skills divided into three categories. New skills can be unlocked each time you gain a new experience level, so you got a required number of experience points. Experience points are obtained for completing different objectives and performing different activities, but most important of them are:
- Completing received tasks - the reward for this is mostly 100 XP, but in case of more important missions you can get more valuable rewards, even up to 1000 XP.
- Eliminating enemies - the game rewards each successful elimination, although in order to get more points you should try to spectacularly deal with opponents (headshots, surprise attacks, stealth kills, etc.).
- Exploring the optional tombs - this is very profitable action, because exploration of each tomb (i.e. getting to the treasure chest) is associated with receiving as much as 1250 XP.
- Finding secrets - each secret category has different factor, but usually you get between 5 and 25 XP for finding the secret. It is worth to collect secret sets (e.g. all relic vases), because you can get an extra bonuses for that (from 150 up to 500 XP).
But that's not all. Experience points can be also obtained by taking care of less important issues, such as:
- Killing and harvesting animals - each species means different bonus and usually it is from a few to few dozens of XP. Note - In every major location of the island it would be good to kill animals until you get information about "cleansing" the hunting area, because starting from this moment each kill awards you only 1 XP.
- Finding orange boxes
- Finding interactive plants
It is worth noting that some of the skills described later in this chapter allow to increase XP obtained for performing certain actions, such as killing enemies with headshots or harvesting killed animals. It would be good to unlock such skills as fast as possible, in order to collect greater amounts of XP from the very beginning.
Regardless of the way you obtained XP required for the next experience level, you have to go back to any of discovered campsites and then select the first tab from a list. However you do not need to hurry, because the obtained skill point will not be lost, even if buying a new skill will be postponed.