Map of important locations in Inn by the Crossroads M2
The Witcher 3 Guide
Inn by the Crossroads
Map of enemies
Places of power
– 1 Inn by the Crossroads This area is visited primarily because of "The Nilfgaardian Connection" main quest. You can check the notice boards and trade with the person who is managing the inn.
– 2 Mulbrydale This small village doesn't offer much except for the notice board.
– 3 Abandoned site, Hidden treasure Killing nearby drowners (lvl 4) will allow a group of peasants to show up in the port. There's a corpse near the port. Examining it and taking a letter will unlock the "An Unfortunate Turn of Events" treasure hunt quest.
– 4 Hidden treasure Kill a foglet (lvl 4) and check the corpse found near the carriage. Taking a letter from the corpse will unlock the "Tough Luck" treasure hunt quest.
– 5 Monster den Nekkers (lvl 6) have their own den here and they appear in their standard form and as stronger warriors. Once you've cleared the area around the nest enter the cave and deal with the rest of the monsters. Check the cave and the area near the entrance when it's safe. You will find plenty of treasure chests. Some of the best valuables are rare Vrihedd and Disglair swords and diagrams of upgraded armor elements from the Witcher's Bear school gear.
– 6 Farmhouse Get rid of wild dogs (lvl 4) found in front of the hut and talk to the child. You can give the child some food or gold. In exchange you will receive experience points, a doll, a torn-out page and a "In Beast's Clothing" book which will unlock new bestiary entries.
– 7 Tied-up man Deal with the drowners (lvl 4) found near a tied-up man - John Verdun. You can then set him free or leave him as it is. If you decide to save Verdun then you will encounter him later on in a campsite to the north (closer to Novigrad).
– 8 Border post Guards are stationed here and they don't allow the refugees to cross to the other side. You can get past them by obtaining a pass as a part of the "Thou Shalt Not Pass" side quest, by receiving a letter of safe conduct from the baron as a part of the "Family Matters" main quest or use one of many alternative ways of travel (swimming to the other side, using a boat etc.).
– 9 Abandoned site Killing nearby drowners (lvl 9) will result in a group of peasants showing up in this location. A merchant will be among them.
– 10 Hidden treasure Deal with the wolves (lvl 5) and wargs (8 lvl) found in the area. Once the fighting is over collect a note found by the corpse to unlock the "Lost Goods" treasure hunt quest.
– 11 Abandoned site Killing a group of ghouls and a single alghoul (lvl 9) will result in a group of peasants showing up in this area. A merchant will be among them.
– 12 Hidden treasure The treasure is guarded by a very powerful bilge hag (lvl 18). Once you've defeated the monster locate a corpse and check it to find a key and a document. These objects unlock the "Battlefield Loot" treasure hunt quest.
– 13 Hidden treasure Deal with a group of drowners (lvl 4). Once the fighting is over locate a corpse and check it to find a key and a document. These objects unlock the "Blood Gold" treasure hunt quest.
– 14 Hidden treasure The treasure is guarded by a powerful basilisk. Once the beast is defeated locate a corpse and check it to find a key and a document. These objects unlock the "Dowry" treasure hunt quest.
– 15 Codgers' Quarry You will trigger a cut-scene after entering the main part of the quarry. The conversation with the workers will be interrupted by a group of alghouls (lvl 6). It doesn't matter if you manage to save the workers or not, because you'll receive xp either way.
– 16 Convoy In this point you'll find assaulted convoy. Help the owner to defeat the thugs (lvl 5), to get some reward.
– 17 Diagram Part of Treasure hunting quest "Cat School Gear Upgrade Diagrams - Part 2" - diagram for gauntlets.
– 18 Hindhold Endragas are guarding the entrance to the ruins - most of them are on lvl 9, however the warrior is on lvl 11. There's a monster nest in Hindhold and it's defended by harpies (lvl 7). You can also find a diagram of a steel sword that is connected to the "Griffin School Gear" treasure hunting quest.
– 19 Troll's lair You can help a friendly rock troll Boris in getting rid of nekkers. You will be rewarded with experience, gold, herbs and oils. You can also take additional items from the lair (you'll find a rare sword, a manuscript page and a repair kit).
– 20 White Eagle Fort A stone troll resides in this location and the creature is connected to the "Volunteer" side quest - you can attack the troll (careful - he's strong!) or you can help him. Make sure to explore the fort while you're there, because you can find an armor schematic for the griffin school Witcher gear.
– 21 Ruins You can find a schematic in these ruins. It's an upgrade for the boots from the Witcher's griffin school gear.
Marchant(1) – he appears after you've secured the abandoned site. He's selling mostly repair kits, diagrams, crafting components and melee weapons.
Merchant (2) – This person appears after you've secured the abandoned site. He's selling alchemy ingredients among other things.
Innkeep – He's selling Gwent cards and food. Key points of Witcher 3 M2 - Inn by the Crossroads - Atlas
1,2,3... - Main locations on the map
Points of interest on the map
Important NPC characters on the map
Inn by the Crossroads - world atlas
The map above shows the territories near the
Inn by the Crossroads . You visit it for the first time after leaving the . The most important locations, sign posts and interesting places that can be unlocked have been marked on the map. You won't visit any larger cities in this part of the map. Instead, there are some smaller villages, bandit camps and monster nests. Royal Palace in Vizima Most important places near the Inn by the Crossroads
1. Inn by the Crossroads
This area is visited primarily because of
The Nilfgaardian Connection main quest. You can check the notice boards and trade with the person who is managing the inn.
5. Monster den
(lvl 6) have their own den here and they appear in their standard form and as stronger warriors. Once you've cleared the area around the nest, enter the cave and deal with the rest of the monsters. Check the cave and the area near the entrance when it's safe. You will find plenty of treasure chests. Some of the best valuables are 4 Nekkers , 2 diagrams , a manuscript pages , a torn-out page and rare runic stone and Vrihedd . Disglair swords
Get rid of the
(lvl 4) in front of the hut and talk to wild dogs . You can give the child some food or gold. In exchange you will receive experience points (10 or 12), a the child , a doll and a torn-out page which will unlock new bestiary entries. "In Beast's Clothing" book
8. Border posts
are stationed here and they don't allow the refugees to cross to the other side. You can get past them by obtaining a pass as a part of the Guards Thou Shalt Not Pass side quest, by receiving a letter of safe conduct from the as a part of the baron Family Matters main quest or use one of many alternative ways of travel (swimming to the other side, using a boat etc.). Most important NPCs near the Inn by the Crossroads
Innkeeper (M2,1) - He sells various items, including cards and food. Enemy types near the Inn by the Crossroads
Alghoul - These monsters are much harder to defeat than standard ghouls. If they are accompanied by ghouls, you should leave them for the end of the battle. During the duels with alghouls you should use weapon with necrophage oil on it and help yourself with Axii sign.
Endrega - This insect creature that attacks with his venom. It's very fast and quite resistant. They have two types: a much smaller and less dangerous worker, and a large, scorpion-like warriors that attack with their poisonous tail and can jump to you.
Harpy - You should attack this monsters when they are close to the ground. It is wise to stun them with Aard sign and try to finish them while they are stunned. If you succeed, a single action should be enough to finish the monster. While fighting harpies, grapeshot bombs and hybrid oil are helpful as well.
Slave Driver - Drivers act similar to deserters and other "living" enemies.
Foglet - While fighting foglets, try to eliminate them one after another as they are quire resistant. It is a good idea to use Quen sign regularly for defensive purposes. Additionally, you can use necrophage oil and Moon Dust bomb.
Nekker - These monsters aren't dangerous only if they are not in a group. You must watch out for larger groups of them and try to lure single nekkers away from the rest or play with a high level character. Watch out for elite nekker types - warriors and listeners. To eliminate them more efficiently, you can help yourself with ogroid oil and Northern Wind bomb
Rotfiend - These monsters explode when they are close to death. You should jump away after you deal some serious damage to them. You can weaken them faster by using the necrophage oil.
Important information related to Inn by the Crossroads
Although it is the first location visited after leaving the Royal Castle, you should watch your back. Some of the encountered monsters are quite strong and if your character is still undeveloped, he might have trouble with dealing with them. You should leave the task of exploring or securing the locations with such enemies for later. When you see a very strong monster, you should quickly retreat to a safe zone.
you won't find any blacksmith. If you need to repair or upgrade your equipment, return to the Inn by the Crossroads or reach the White Orchard Crow's perch (M3 map).
Inn by the Crossroads
Map of enemies
Places of power