Map of important locations in White Orchard M1
The Witcher 3 Guide
Prologue and White Orchard
Map of enemies
Prologue and White Orchard
– 1 White Orchard village You visit the village as a part of the "Lilac and Gooseberries" main quest. You can find a notice board, an inn, a blacksmith, a grindstone used for temporary weapon enhancements and several merchants here.
– 2 Nilfgaardian Camp You visit the camp as a part of the "Lilac and Gooseberries" main quest. Aside from the garrison commander you will also find a quartermaster and an armor enhancing table.
– 3 Ransacked Village You can start a side quest in this location. There are also a chest guarded by drowners and a bandit camp near the village (the camp offers a chance to take part in a treasure hunt quest).
– 4 Abandoned site Kill all the ghouls (lvl 2) found nearby so that the villagers will show up near the altar. A herbalist will be among them and you can trade with him.
– 5 Hidden treasure Check the corpse and the chest and read the spy's notes to unlock the "Deserter Gold" treasure hunt quest. The chest also contains a diagram and a torn-out page.
– 6 Bandit camp Defeat a group of deserters (lvl 2) and their leader (lvl 5). You can find a diagram and an interrogation report in the camp connected to the "Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear" treasure hunt quest.
– 7 Hidden treasure Kill all the wolves and wargs (lvl 5) found near the campsite. Once they're gone collect scrawled notes from the chest to unlock the "Dirty Funds" treasure hunt quest. The chest also contains a high quality sword, a diagram and a torn-out page.
– 8 White Orchard Cemetery Strong monsters reside here - wraiths (lvl 7). The first wraith guards the Place of Power and the second wraith is inside the crypt connected to the "Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear" treasure hunt quest.
– 9 Hidden treasure Deal with the drowners (lvl 4) and find a corpse to collect a Temerian lily key. Use this key to open a chest hidden underwater. The chest contains a few items, including blood-soaked military orders which unlock the "Temerian Valuables" treasure hunt quest.
– 10 Abandoned site Kill all the ghouls (lvl 2) found nearby so that the villagers will show up in the sawmill. A merchant will be among them.
– 11 Abandoned village You can examine the clues in the village and in a cavern located beneath it, as well as defeat a powerful wraith - Devil by the Well. All of this is a part of a Witcher contract - "Contract: Devil by the Well".
– 12 Bandit camp Defeat a group of deserters (lvl 2) and their leader who is using a shield (lvl 4). Check the camp after the battle to find a Maribor sword connected to the "Dirty Funds" treasure hunt quest.
– 13 Tomira's Hut The main reason to visit Tomira is to complete "The Beast of White Orchard" main quest and "On Death's Bed" side quest. She is also a herbalist and you can trade with her.
Griffon – You won't fight the griffon until you've advanced in "The Beast of White Orchard" main quest.
Bram – This person is selling various goods.
Elsa, Aldert – Elsa is running the inn and you can trade with her (she's selling game cards and food among other things). Aldert wants to play cards with Geralt (gwent).
Merchant – The merchant appears after you've secured the abandoned site. He's selling alchemy ingredients and melee weapons among other things.
Quartermaster – He is selling diagrams, crafting materials, alchemy ingredients and melee weapons among other things. The quartermaster is also a craftsman (he can create new objects, repair them etc.).
Tomira – She is selling alchemy ingredients, glyphs, diagrams and torn-out pages among other things.
Willis – He is selling crafting diagrams among other things. Willis is also a craftsman (he can create new objects, repair them etc.).
Herbalist – The herbalist appears after you've secured the abandoned site. He's selling glyphs, manuscript pages, torn-out pages and alchemy ingredients among other things. Key points of Witcher 3 M1 - White Orchard - Atlas
1,2,3... - Main locations on the map
Points of interest on the map
Important NPC characters on the map
White Orchard - world atlas
The map above shows you the
, first location visited after completing the prologue in White Orchard . While you're in the orchard you can either complete tasks described in different chapter of this guide or explore the map. You can find some camps, signposts and interesting optional locations (Place of Power or Monster Nests). Additionally, you can meet some NPCs (like blacksmith or merchant) and fight monsters (some of them are stronger than others) Kaer Morhen Most important places in White Orchard
1. White Orchard village
Village is visited during the main quest "Lilac and Gooseberries". Here you will find a signpost (an opportunity to mark interesting locations on the map and unlock few additional tasks), tavern (you can play cards inside), blacksmith and few merchants.
There is a grindstone near the blacksmith's place. It will allow you to temporary increase damage dealt with melee weapon.
2. Nilfgaardian camp
Camp is visited during the main quest "Lilac and Gooseberries". Here you will find the garrison commander. He orders you to kill a griffin. You can meet the quartermaster here as well.
There is a table near the tower occupied by the garrison leader. It allows you to temporary upgrade your armor.
13. Tomira cabin
Tomira is visited in order to complete a part of the main quest "The Beast of White Orchard". You can additionally trade with her and receive sub quest "On death's bed" from her.
Most important NPCs in White Orchard
Elsa (M1,1) - She runs the tavern, you can trade with her (she sells cards, food and other things).
Aldert Geert (M1,1) - You will find him the tavern, you can play cards with him.
Bram (M1,1) - He sells various items.
Willis (M1,1) - He sells schematics useful in crafting. He can create new items, repair them etc.
Quartermaster (M1,2) - He sells schematics, crafting components, alchemy substances and weapons. He is a craftsman as well (he creates new items, repairs them etc.).
Tomira (M1,13) - She is a herbalist, she sells alchemy substances, glyphs, schematics and torn pages. Enemy types in White Orchard
Water Hag - These monsters can be found mostly at the swamps and near water. Try to use many blocks and dodges during the combat because water hags are quite agile. Fire is their weakness so use Igni sign and look for an opportunity to set poison gas on the swamps on fire. Additionally, use Quen sign for defense. Later in the game use necrophage oil and Northern Wind bombs during battles with water hags.
Bandit - Regular bandits aren't very troublesome. You must watch yourself only when fighting more elite types of them (archers, enemies with shields etc.).
Deserter - Regular deserters are easy to deal with. Watch out for those with ranged weapons (force them to melee combat) and shields (stun them and flank them) and for stronger leaders of various groups (you should deal with them after eliminating the weaker opponents).
Wild Dog - Wild dogs aren't as dangerous as wolves but you shouldn't underestimate either. Don't let a larger group of dogs surround you. Later in the game, start using beast oil before each battle with wild dogs.
Ghoul - Attack these monsters one after another. Use many dodges and blocks. Don't let them surround you. Later in the game use necrophage oil to weaken them. Some ghouls can be found around their nests. In such cases, you must destroy the nest to stop them from respawning.
Bear - Bears deal large damage so try to master dodging. If possible, attack them with strong attacks. Using Quen to create a shield is a good idea as well. Later in the game start using beast oil before each encounter with bears.
Noonwraith - Avoid attacking more than one noonwraith at once. Use many dodges and try to hit them with strong attacks. Using magic traps with Yrden sign is a good way to weaken them. Later in the game you should use moon dust (bomb type) and spectre oil against them.
Wraith - Avoid attacking more than one wraith at once. Use many dodges and try to hit them with strong attacks. Using magic traps with Yrden sign is a good way to weaken them. Using Quen to create a shield is a good idea as well. Later in the game you should use moon dust (bomb type) and spectre oil against them.
Drowner - When fighting these monsters you must use blocks and dodges - they are quite agile. Use Igni on a regular basis as fire is their weakness. Later in the game you can help yourself with necrophage oil.
Important - some drowners appear after you swim and dive. You can attack them then, but only after you receive crossbow (Geralt will get it before the battle with griffin during the main storyline).
Peasant - They are very weak.
Wolf - Wolves always attack in a group. You can try to kill them from a horse or fight them directly. If you choose to do the latter, use many dodges. Watch yourself when facing wargs, their stronger version. Later in the game start using beast oil before each battle with wolves.
Important information related to White Orchard
Don't worry that at first game won't allow you to leave White Orchard and reach other main locations of the game. You will gain access to the further territories as you progress in the main storyline, first by reaching castle in Vizima and then Velen.
Don't complete the main quest "Incident in the White Orchard" until you complete all the side quests related to this location. Otherwise some of them will be canceled and considered as uncompleted.
Later in the game, you can return to White Orchard whenever you want by picking this location from the world map (and then one of the discovered signposts). It is especially recommended when exploring the surroundings of Inn by the Crossroads (first main quest after reaching Velen) as you won't find any blacksmith and some others useful NPCs there.
Defeating some opponents might be difficult at first. While you're in White Orchard you should develop to at least third experience level (you can additionally unlock some ability points by reaching Places of Power) so you can resume harder battles after you become slightly stronger.
Frequently return to the central village to sell newly gained, unneeded items and to repair or upgrade (temporary or permanently) main equipment parts.
An interesting way to earn money is supplying honey to herbalist Tomira. She will pay much more for it than it is worth. In order to obtain honey you must search in the orchard for beehives. After finding it, you must first use Aard sign on it and then dispose of the insects with Igni sign.
Prologue and White Orchard
Map of enemies
Prologue and White Orchard