Time for crane puzzle!
Leave the bridge and the quarterdeck - the best way is to use the door near the stairs that leads to the ferry. On this side of the deck you can find the wheel that opens the hatch to the hold - right next to where you can leave the ship. Turn the wheel right (make the correct move with the mouse) so both parts (left and right) of the hatch will go up. Go on the dock.
The hangar and the crane that were mentioned by the captain are in front of the stairs that leads to the ferry. On the left side of the gate you can find the panel that opens them. Zoom in, get the inventory with documents and check out the access code that you got from the captain: 0509. Close the inventory and on the panel's keyboard press the right buttons (remember that the button that you want to press must be in the center of the cursor shaped as a ring). Enter the hangar.
For now you shouldn't touch the lever coming out from the ground - it should be facing right. Take the drainpipe lying on the pallet in front of you. Also, take the rod leaning against the box on the left.
Go left - notice the green coal chutes located near the walls, on both sides of the room. Hit them with the rod in order to check which are full and which are empty. When you hit an empty chute, you can hear a more metallic sound while hitting a full chute gives a hollow sound - you can hear it when you hit the second (when facing the weird green vehicle) chute on the right.
After determining from which chute you must take coal go back to the opposite wall (near the lever in the ground). There, you can find a coal cart - click on it and when you zoom in click the active point in the center of its previous wall and move your mouse up so Kate can push the cart.
Move it close to the second chute on the opposite side of the hangar - you must stop the cart near it (the magnifying glass icon, seen when you stop zooming in at the cart, indicates that said cart is in the right spot). When you zoom in at the chute you must place the drainpipe in the bottom of it. Then, press the button on the right side of the chute - the cart will be loaded with coal (if you place the cart under the right chute and load the coal during your first attempt A word to the wise... achievement).
Go to the other end of the hangar and move the lever to the left. This changes the placement of the tracks so now Kate can move the cart to the outside. Go back to the cart.
Now, the cart is too heavy to move it just by your hands - you must use the green vehicle standing near the wall (behind the cart). When Kate sits on it and you get to see its "dashboard" it turns out that the bottom right button is missing. Without it the vehicle won't move.
Start the vehicle in the hangar
In order to deal with this problem you must use the knife on the upper left button - you must not only get in under the button, you must also lever it up (by making a slight move with your mouse - down and then right) and then take the button. You can now place it in the missing spot on the bottom right and press it - the button will glow green. Now, move the lever above it up. Thanks to the tracks placed in the right spot the cart will now move outside.
It is time to manipulate the crane - to get on it you must zoom in the panel with the buttons (on the bottom left) and use the same code as the one used to open the hangar's gate (0509). When the ladder slides down you can use it and climb up (the active spot in the middle of the lower part of the crane - it will appear when you move Kate behind the crane).
In the crane's cabin you must, by using levers and buttons, place its arm and the crane itself so that the claw can catch the coal cart first and then move it above the open hold in the ship. The two buttons at the bottom of the screen are for changing camera views - in spite of what you may think, the view on the shore with the coal cart or the ship's deck with the open hatch are not that important. What is important is to zoom on the tracks on which the crane can move - I suggest you to select them before you start maneuvering the crane.
Maneuver the crane
In order to pick up the coal cart the crane must stand closer to the hangar (in the bottom of the screen). The crane must be moved to the left as far as it can (the lever on the left) and the lever that allows you to turn the crane's arm should be at 9 o'clock.
The lever on the right, responsible for turning the entire crane, allows you to move the crane from the tracks closer to the hangar to those that are near the ship. You shouldn't move this lever whenever you want - this is only used when the crane stands on one of the two circular platforms (you can see them on the right side of the screen).
Starting with the default position of the crane you should do the following steps:
- make sure that what you see on the monitor are the tracks on which the crane can move - the crane should be on the lower track maximally on the left;
- set the lever used for turning the arm (the second on the right) at 9 o'clock (you must move your mouse in the right direction);
- select the view on the shore from the hangar's side so you can be sure that the crane's arm hangs above the coal cart;
- press the upper button in the middle of the dashboard.
If you want to get the coal into the hold then the crane must be on the tracks that are closer to the ferry (the second lower monitor). The crane must be placed to the right as far as it can (one point to the right from the circular platform) and the lever responsible for turning the arm should be pointing at 12 o'clock.
After you catch the coal cart you must do the following steps:
- adjust the view so on the monitor you can see the tracks on which the crane can move;
- move the arm lever (the second one on the right) and point it at 12 o'clock (make the correct move with the mouse);
- the left lever must be moved 2x to the right (make the correct move with the mouse) to move the crane to the right as far as you can;
- the lever on the right must be moved up (make the correct move with the mouse) so you can turn the platform with the crane;
- the lever on the left must be moved to the right (make the correct move with the mouse) so the crane can be moved to the second track (closer to the ferry);
- the lever on the right should be moved down (make the correct move with the mouse) so you can turn the platform with the crane;
- the lever on the left must be moved to the right (make the correct move with the mouse) so you can move the crane to the right as far as you can;
- change the view so you can see the ferry and to be sure that the coal cart hangs above the opened hold;
- press the lower button in the middle of the dashboard