The main goal of every chapter is finishing a specified number of the so-called kindom quests. Usually you have to finish five of them and meet a deadline. Kingdom quests were categorized by:
- Dungeoneering. Visiting and completing every location in the game means finishing a kingdom quest. It’s very time consuming and most of the time requires around a week. Number of available quests: 19.
- Construction. Constructing subsequent buildings and upgrading them to a certain level is another kingdom quest. It’s a (relatively) quick and easy way of finishing these quests. Number of available quests: 7.
- Inhabitants. Another quick way of completing kingdom quests is developing relations with inhabitants. Diplomacy also counts, as does siding with different parties of the conflict. Number of available quests: 14.
- Experience. Kingdom quests are also completed when your team gains new experience levels. Number of available quests: 4
- Crafting. When you’re going to the blacksmith, alchemist or the pathfinder, you can craft items with them. For crafting a certain amount of items, you complete quests. Number of available quests: 9.
- Activities. It’s pretty easy here – catching an amount of fish allows you to finish a quest. It’s very easy, though you need a lot of fish (30, 60, 100 for subsequent levels). Number of available quests: 3.
Kingdom quests, although obligatory, mostly “fulfill themselves” during the game. Virtually every activity in the game counts as a part of some quest. You shouldn’t be afraid of running out of time. To make sure everything goes well, make sure you visit a couple major locations in every quest.
As in every pure-bred RPG, there’s a ton of sidequests in Regalia. Many of them are conditioned by the plot, and are only unlocked when you’re getting back to your city after an expedition. Sometimes, however, you may encounter and exclamation mark. If you decide to engage, you will take part in a short scene, where choices will have to be made. Sometimes taking part in these events unlocks a side quest.
In order to complete a quest, you usually have to go to a location signified by an exclamation mark, where the events that were prompted during the previous stage will be continued. It often means fighting, so be on your guard. Finishing quests grants resources, experience, items and powerful equipment that can significantly improve your team’s combat abilities. You should participate in as many of these as you can.