The mechanics of time will be introduced very early in the game - right after a short prologue. Each chapter of the game has a certain set of time-restricted goals. Almost every action in the game requires you to spend some game-time and brings you closer to the end of the chapter. Here are the actions that cost time:
- Visiting a location with an exclamation mark in your village. When you do, a short scene will commence and one day will pass. The same applies to other locations on the map - usually, when you investigate an exclamation mark, one day passes.
- Spending time with the part or citizens. You can visit your favorite character and spend some time with them. This will improve your relations and take one day of your time. Remember to check the calendar first - some characters only have time on weekends!
- Building and upgrading the buildings. In the main hall of the castle, after clicking the chest, you can construct new buildings and upgrade those already existing. This also takes one day of in-game time.
- Fishing. When you upgrade the pier to level 2, you will be able to fish. Going fishing gives you six chances to catch something. After that, a day passes.
- Expeditions. In the main hall of the castle, clicking the globe allows you to go for an expedition. Reaching the chosen locations requires a certain amount of time (depending on the distance). Exploration is usually very time consuming (a week or more).
Each chapter is aroud 54 days. Utilize as much of this time as you can, sort out your priorities. Go for an expedition rather soon and don't get back after just a couple days. Only if you've gathered a number of interesting items and finished a couple locations should you start considering getting back. As far as relationships are concerned, you should not try to please everyone. We'll discuss that in detail later on.