In the game, there is a certain timeframe that allows you to earn gigantic amount of experience thanks to a trick. To do it, your party should be quite well-developed (about 50+ level) to be able to face the enemy involved. The trick looks as follows:
Preparations and requirements:
Wait about 5 minutes for the Reaper to appear.
- You have to start leveling up during one of the following days: 11/13, 11/14, 11/15, 12/8, 12/9. The trick only works during these days! You will be notified that the so-called Influenza Warning can happen in combat;
- You have to have access to Mementos because this is where the power leveling will take place;
- As explained earlier, you have to have a relatively high experience level to survive a potentially unsuccessful enemy encounter.
Fighting the Reaper
Run away from the Reaper until he starts to despair.
When you arrive at Mementos during one of the aforementioned days, wait about 5 minutes without fighting any enemy. Morgana will notify you that something evil is approaching. After a while, you'll have to battle the Reaper. The trick is to fight the enemy while he suffers the Despair status which, unfortunately, is triggered randomly. If the enemy is at full strength, flee the battle, walk away a bit, and wait for the Reaper to appear again. Confidant skills, such as those allowing you to escape combat instantly, are very helpful.
When the enemy has the Despair status, he's completely unfit to fight! Moreover, after three turns, the Reaper is automatically defeated, which gives you a gigantic amount of experience points (60.000 - 200.000 EXP, depending on Confidant modificators)
After the victorious battle, go to the waiting room, save the game, go to another location, and wait for the Reaper once again. Repeat it until you reach the desired experience level. Leveling from level 60 to level 99 takes about 2 hours in this way!
- It's a good idea to have a Rank 9 relationship with Star Confidant to be able to escape combat instantly;
- Maxed out Moon Confidant lets you gain a lot more EXP;
- You can defeat the Reaper only once in a given level, so in order to defeat him again, you need to go to another location.