Tokens are common items you cannot sell dropped by foes. On each map there is different kind of tokens you may drop and on the same map there are bounty hunter willing to trade chests with unidentified items for 10 tokens or Seals for 40 tokens.
On each map you will drop different tokens, and find bounty hunters looking for those tokens:
- Sludge Samples in Blacklake District
- Many Arrows Insignia in Tower District
- Blackdagger Insignia in Blackdagger Ruins
- Necromantic Sigil in Neverdeath Graveyard
- Ashmadai Symbol in Helm's Hold
- Deathknell Shard Silver in Ebon Downs
- Selune's Tears in Ebon Downs
- Gray Wolf Insignia in Vellosk
- Blackdagger Gold Coin in Pirates' Skyhold
- Mithril Nugget in Icespire Peak
- Blue Fire Insignia in The Chasm
- Symbol of Lolth in Rothé Valley
- Ember Shard in Mount Hotenow
- Dwarf Relic in Whispering Caverns
Better version of tokens are seals, rare and epic items used as a currency. Those drop from harder enemies like bosses in dungeons.
Seals can be traded in Seven Suns Coster Market in Protector's Enclave or on any other map with Seals trader.
For different seals you will get different level of items.
What you might get in exchange
Seal of the Lion
Items for levels 16-32
Seal of the Manticore
Items for levels 38-49
Seal of the Pegasus
Items for levels 52-55
Seal of the Unicorn
Items for level 60
Seal of the Drake
Luxury companion in Grand Emporium
Special currency for trading in Gauntlgrym