Following color coding is used in this guide:
- Blue: identification of abbreviations commonly used in MMOs and RPGs.
- Green: the designation of the effects of a Stun, Hit Points, etc. (these effects in the game are also marked in green).
- Orange: used to describe mark currencies in game. A detailed description of the use of individual currencies, ie what and where you can buy is described in a separate section.
- Brown: This color indicates that the issue is discussed in detail in another section of this guide (in the section of the same or similar name as the brown text).
Following abbreviations are used in this guide, both characteristic of all RPGs and MMOs, and those referring specifically to the world of Neverwinter:
- Aggro - engaged opponent will attack players, the term also applies to the level of hostility (Threat)
- AH - Auction House
- AoE - Area of Effect
- AS - basic character statistics in Neverwinter are Ability Scores: Str (Strength), Con (Constitution), Dex (Dexterity), Int (Intelligence), Wis (Wisdom), Cha (Charisma)
- Buff/Debuff - strengthening/weakening of the character or enemy, indicated by the icon with a green/red frame next to health bar of opponent or near your or your teammate's portrait
- CC - Crowd Control, effects like Slow, Knockback, Chill
- DoT - Damage over Time
- DPS - Damage Per Second
- HoT - Healing over Time
- HP - Health Points
- Mob - non-player enemy
- NPC - Non-Player Character