The army of Nilfgaard is led to battle by Morvran Voorthis, Emhyr var Emreis, or John Calveit. Its ranks include a lot of Spies as well as units that can Reveal cards in the opponent's hand, thanks to which you can quickly adjust your own strategy to your opponent's capabilities.
1. Currently, you can encounter 2 archetypes of Nilfgaardu decks:
- A deck based on a large number of Spies that bring additional units from the deck, thanks to which they shorten it very quickly. What's more, playing Spies boosts key units, Impera Brigade. Cards that can Lock and Reset as well as weather effects are useful in countering such a deck.
- A deck that Reveals cards in the opponent's hand. In this way, not only it's possible to find out what kind of cards the opponent's has but also to boost the key units, Spotters. Such a deck usually includes Fire Scorpions or Mangonel, which deal additional damage every time an enemy or friendly card is Revealed. It's hard to counter an opponent who knows what kind of cards you have so try to use the revealed ones regularly. Remember that you can replace a card after every round so consider swapping a revealed unit for a new one, unknown to the opponent.
2. Remember that Nilfgaard decks often include Vicovaro Medics that can Resurrect units from the opponent's graveyard. In this case, better hurry with Resurrecting key units or otherwise they might fall into the opponent's hands.
3. Sometimes, the opponent may play The Guardian, which spawns two lesser Guardians on the top of your deck when removed. Because of this, you cannot draw a useful card in the next round. Make sure to Lock this unit.
4. Nilfgaard decks include an incredibly annoying unit, Rot Tossers. These units can send Cow Carcass to the opponent's side. After 2 turns, it eliminates the weakest unit in a given row. Therefore, try to play the strongest units to the rows with slightly weaker units.
5. Remember that Emhyr var Emreis can return a Bronze unit from his side back to hand so be careful when playing Spies or Rot Tossers.