The last Menace dungeon and the most difficult challenge in the entire game. Not only the enemies here are mostly bosses you've fought in the past, you also won't be able to use any items during your stay here - you won't be able to heal wounds or resurrect a killed ally with a Phoenix Down. This dungeon is available only during the night.
The entrance to the menace dungeon can be accessed from the huge room with interactive floors - the place where you fight huge groups of monsters. Look for a small hole in the wall, squeeze through it and you will reach the gate to the dungeon.
Information about the dungeon
Key aspects of this dungeon:
- There are 60 rooms and 8 "alleys" here - you can acquire up to 68 items from this dungeon.
- There are five campsites here.
- Take the middle path on the first fork.
- Turn right on the second fork.
- Turn left on the third fork.
- Take the middle path on the fourth fork.
- Use every single campsite! You won't be able to heal your characters with items and the biggest problem isn't the loss of health, but the reduction of maximum health. You can restore it by resting at a campsite. When it comes to the selection of a meal, you should use Lasagna al. Forno - it significantly increases the health of your characters and gives them immunity to Fire, Ice and Lightning. Immunity will be useful against some of the enemies (especially the last boss), as most of their damage comes from those elements.
- Even though you can't use items here you still can heal your characters with Healcast magic. Additionally, you should equip Ignis with The Great Chamberlain gear - with that he will heal Noctis with an Elixir each time the health of the prince drops below 50%.
- You should also unlock some of the abilities from Recovery Ascension tree for Gladio, Ignis and Prompto. Those are First Aid and the upgraded versions: Advanced First Aid and Expert First Aid. Those will allow your companions to restore some of their health when they are knocked down (after dropping to 0 health). The highest level restores them to full health.
Vulnerable to Greatswords, Machinery and Fire, resistant to Ice and Light.
The enemy is similar to the one you've met during chapter 10, as well as in Dreadful Legend quest (one of the quest associated with legendary weapons). Check those chapters (Chapter 10 and "Randolph") to learn more about the foe.
Vulnerable to Polearms, Shields and Ice, resistant to Fire and Light.
Vulnerable to Greatswords, Daggers and Ice, resistant to Fire and Light.
Vulnerable to Swords, Daggers and Fire, resistant to Light, immune to Lightning. Deals Lightning-based damage.
Vulnerable to Polearms, Daggers and Light, resistant to Ice, absorbs Lightning.
Vulnerable to Polearms, Daggers, Lightning and Light, resistant to Ice.
Vulnerable to Greatswords, Shields and Light, resistant to Lightning, absorbs Fire.
Vulnerable to Polearms, Daggers, Fire and Light, resistant to Ice.
Vulnerable to Greatswords, Machinery and Light, immune to Ice, absorbs Fire and Lightning.
Vulnerable to Swords, Daggers and Ice, resistant to Fire.
Vulnerable to Greatswords, Daggers and Light, immune to Fire, absorbs Ice.
Vulnerable to Swords, Daggers and Ice, immune to Fire. Uses Fire-based attacks.
Black Choker (50%), Elixir (25%), Hi-Elixir (25%)
Blue Diamond Bracelet (50%), Elixir (25%), Hi-Elixir (25%)
Celestriad (50%), Circlet (25%), Hi-Elixir (25%)
Dark Matter Bracelet - boss room
Gigas Bangle (50%), Elixir (25%), Hi-Elixir (25%)
Magitek Core (50%), Orion Bangle (25%), Hypno Crown (25%)
Mega Phoenix (50%), Elixir (25%), Hi-Elixir (25%)
Megalixir - second campsite
Megalixir - first campsite
Megalixir - third campsite
Mythril Ingot - fifth campsite
Oracle Ascension Coin
Oracle Ascension Coin
Platinum Ingot - fourth campsite
Soul of Thamasa - Jormungand room
Tarot Card (50%), Megalixir (25%), Hi-Elixir (25%)
Note - the number in the table is not the order in which the item is found in the dungeon. Numbers are only there to make the table easier to read.