There are several quests in the game that can be done during your journeys.
- Gladio's training
- Friendly Cat
- Iris: Living off the Land
- Crazy about Cactuars
- Symbol of the Peace
- The Perfect Cup
During your stays at camps in the wilderness you can start various training sessions with Gladio. There are 6 trials available, each with different rewards.
Name of the training
Basic Drills (level 5)
Serious Practice (level 10)
Vs. Gladio and Ignis (level 20)
Gladio and Ignis
Vs. Gladio and Prompto
Gladio I Prompto
Vs. Everyone (level 45)
Gladio, Ignis, Prompto
5 AP, Gold Bangle
Final Trial (level 90)
Gladio, Ignis, Prompto
5 AP, Blue Diamond Bracelet
During the game you will run into a stray cat twice. The first encounter will take place during chapter 1, in Galdin Quay. To complete the quest you have to:
- Head to the fishing cabin on the beach and purchase fishing gear;
- Start fishing at the nearby fishing spot - you have to catch at least one fish;
- Approach the cat with the raw fish;
- Speak with the cook at the nearby restaurant and ask her to grill the fish;
- Head back to the cat and feed it.
The rewards are 600 EXP and Dragon Scales.
The second encounter takes place in chapter 8 - you will find the cat behind the lighthouse in Cape Caem. This time you have to:
- Interact with the cat;
- Speak with Monica inside of the nearby building;
- Catch Dark Allural Seabass in the nearby fishing spot (Caem Shore), near Spelcray Haven - use Deadly Waters: Coraldevil as bait;
- Get back to the woman;
- Head back to the cat and feed it again.
The rewards are 1,200 EXP and Sky Gemstone.
Iris: Living off the Land
After reaching Cape Caem in chapter 8 you have to speak with Iris. The girl will give you seeds - head to the nearby field and sow them. Head back to the cabin and rest. Afterwards, get back to the field, harvest the carrots and bring them to Iris to finish the quest, earning 500 EXP.
Additionally, after harvesting the carrots a merchant called Tony will appear. You can speak with the man to exchange the produce for valuable items.
Number of carrots
Force Stealer, Plunderers, Valiant, Absorb Shield.
Ulwaat Berries can be given to the Cook in Galdin Quay to acquire 5,000 EXP, 3,000 Gil, Leiden Sweet Potato x1, Fine Cleigne Wheat x1, Ulwaat Berries x1.
Note - you have to complete at least one quest (side or main) before you can sow carrot seeds again.
Crazy about Cactuars
Talcot, who can be found in Cape Caem starting from chapter 8, loves Cactuar dolls. You have to collect four of them for him:
- A Cactuar of Wood - purchase "Cactuar Statuette" in the store, at Wiz Chocobo Post;
- A Cactuar of Marble - purchase "Cactuar Statuette" in the store, near Leville hotel in Altissia;
- A Catuar of Mortar - purchase "Cactuar Statuette" in antique store located at Lestallum market;
- A Cactuar of Mythril - collect "Cactuar Effigy. It can be found behind a large, white building in Formouth Garrision.
Symbol of the Peace
During your stay in Altissia in chapter 9 you will hear about Luna's wedding dress. Head to Vivienne Westwood store to complete the quest. The reward is 1,000 EXP.
The Perfect Cup
During chapter 8, while near Cup Noodles truck in Lestallum, Gladio will initiate a conversation with Noctis. He will ask the prince about his perfect ingredient - and the choice is crucial. Each option you choose will start a different version of the quest. You won't be able to check all three of them during a single playthrough of the game. There are three choices:
- Meat - your task is to fight a Behemoth, located to the south of Prairie Outpost. The enemy is vulnerable to Greatswords. Afterwards, camp near the place you've fought and use the ingredient you've acquire to prepare the favorite dish for Gladio and Noctis.
- Egg - you have to climb Rock of Ravatogh in Cleigne. After a short march you will stumble upon a huge nest, full of eggs. As you can imagine, you have to steal one of those. Set up a camp and prepare the dish.
- Shrimp - you have to fight Karlabos. The enemy can be found on the coast. Afterwards, set up a camp and prepare the dish.
The reward for each variant is 4,000 EXP and a Cup Noodle recipe.